Letting go is the hardest thing to do | Teen Ink

Letting go is the hardest thing to do

November 14, 2012
By acasha BRONZE, Beverly, Massachusetts
acasha BRONZE, Beverly, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.


Trying to grasp the concept that you will never be mine again isn't easy but
Yelling and begging and crying doesn't do me any good But missing you is tearing me apart.
Lately I've been crying myself to sleep and blaming myself for losing the best thing I ever had but
Every day I think of more reasons why he's right for leaving even if I don't like it. He had a right to.
Reality of everything is he needed to experience life I let him down. I wasn't good enough.
Reality of it all is I knew I was never good enough to keep him going I just never thought he'd find out.
I guess I had to face the truth sooner or later but I miss him more then I've ever missed anything.
Casual speaking is all I'll ever get now. It's because I love him that I can't be greedy with him.
Holding on to what could have been won't help what it is. I know he can easily find better for himself.
After everything that's happened , you'd assume I would hate him and I don't think I could feel that.
Realizing that all the obstacles we over came were for nothing hurts but I can't keep holding him back.
Deciding he wanted to leave left me bleeding and broken hearted but I surprisingly support him.
Eventually I'll live normally, not being afraid of everything and cringing every time I hear his name.
And if he ever found someone he was happy with I'd be heart broken and happy for him all at once.
Never will there be a time in my life where I will ever regret meeting and falling for him.
Extremely painful ending to a twisted love story was nothing but expected.
Sorry I wasn't good enough but I hope you find someone who is.