Shell of Existance | Teen Ink

Shell of Existance

By hrj_nikki14 SILVER, Apex, North Carolina
hrj_nikki14 SILVER, Apex, North Carolina

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, and keep the world to wonder how you did it.

Women are like angels. You break our wings... we simply continue to fly... on broomsticks. We're flexible like that (;

I'm not exactly happy,
But neither am I sad,
I'm simply in existence,
Why is that so bad?

I see the sun is there,
I squint at blinding streaks.
I know the sun is there,
But I do not feel it's heat.

I see the wind is there,
Dancing through the trees.
I know the wind is there,
But I do not feel its breeze.

I see the snow is there,
An angelic shade of white.
I know the snow is there,
But i do not feel its bite.

I am like a floating shell,
Completely lost at sea.
I may strike you as unique,
But I am lost and empty.

I'm not exactly happy,
But neither am I sad,
I'm simply in existence,
Why is that so bad?

This poem inspired me when I felt nothing. When I wasn't happy or sad, or angry or anything. I was just... there. And then I look up at the sun, over the trees, and thought how pretty it was, but I was still cold.

Nella.Girl97 BRONZE, Ashland, Wisconsin

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."

Wow! amazing poem! I love the repition on the one verse..its just amazing! Great work!

Thank you my dear

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

Wow this is how I feel sometimes I like how you repeat I'm neither happy or sad why is that so bad :3 it really pulls everything together as always brilliant job

Thank you Mckay!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I really like this one. The metaphor is just is very good. The repition as well. And the title is perfect. 

Repetitive is its style(: It is supposed to be, but thank you!!

BlottedInk said...
BlottedInk, Searsmont, Maine

"The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed." -Nicholas Chamfort

wow i likeit !!!! i little repetitive, but very cute! :) Keep it up!!!!

Thank you very much Hannah! That means so much.

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

This poem is brilliant. Everyone has felt this way- the emotion of feeling nothing is frightening, yet it happens to everyone. Your imagery is phenomenal and your rhyme scheme is very clever; Well done. Your a very talented writer!

Thank you Kes. Your input is valuble :)

Kestrel PLATINUM, Warrenton, Virginia

-There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (Shakespeare, Hamlet)

I really like it, Nik! It may not seem like it, but it's very relatable. I like the way you used parallel structure. Your rhyme scheme was a little flawed in a couple places, but it didn't disrupt the flow.