The soldiers home | Teen Ink

The soldiers home

September 26, 2013
By Erake BRONZE, Levering, Michigan
Erake BRONZE, Levering, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Rusty helmet sitting on his head like a crown apon a king, sitting in his throne of dirt and blood and empty casings, he stares into the distance like an eagle eyeing its prey, as he draws near his time of great courage he freezes up and takes notice of all the wonder around him. the trees as still as can be all looking down at him watching,seeing,observing....BOOM! the crack of the first shot rings out like giant cathedral bells. then eveything gets put into motion as if time was stoped then someone pushed fastfoward. when all is done and the last body falls down like an leaf falls off a tree to the ground so gracefully. there is only the birds that chirp the flowers that bloom and the wind that wistles in the end.


The author's comments:
this poem is talking about a single solider in his fox hole sitting and looking at all the wonderfull things around him and then all of a sudden the battle gets put into motion and in the end he dies and falls to the ground and joins the earth and leaves like so many have in past wars. and when all is done there is only nature that is left standing in the end...