Continual Winter | Teen Ink

Continual Winter

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Let me sit here in this tomb.

I know nothing here will bloom,

Except faded flowers.

But what I feel in this room

Is the gloom. . .

If someone could just get a broom

And sweep the feeling of doom,

Along with this shining tear. . .

I know nothing is here, except

Past memories.

The tears and the laughter, all gone.

They all disappeared with the cold wind,

That blew in here, this cold and dark coffin.

My tired bones,

On death's cold stones.

His fingers gripping my hand,

As my heart lands,

Shattered and slashed.

He gredily picks my heart

And whispers the same lies,

That I've started to believe.

He syas my tears are gems,

But he doesn't know the worth of them.

He just scoops tem up,

As they shine, in this continual winter.

My heart was tired,

But then I suddenly found out,

That I was desired.

And all it required was me, and,

What I thought was impossible, love.

I wrote this thinking when I became Christian, when I was 12 years old. That's why I put the line, "But then I suddenly found out, That I was desired." Because when I turned 12, I found out I was desired. Or maybe was desired. I know now that I am truly desired, even if only it is just one person. I wrote this when I was depressed, and fighting depression, but trying to have hope. I just wanted to warn you, haha. Also, the name might not fit the poem, but I wanted to keep the name of the poem that. Haha, I don't know. I am now not depressed. I am not fighting depression anymore. I am free. I feel happiness, peace, love, and acceptance. I feel so much love. So much happiness. And you can too. Just let go and believe.

Thank you, Hnaban12! ^_^ Your comment means, a lot to me.  Haha, your feeling might be right. Thank you so much again, Hanban12. : )

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

My favorite lines out of this whole poem: He says my tears are gems, but he doesn't know the worth of them. He just scoops them up as they shine in this continual winter." These are beautiful lines, and I have a feeling that they somehow relate to your other poem "The Worth of My Tears". I think that it's very creative of you to incorporate that in this poem. I love this! XD Marvelous job.