Foolish | Teen Ink

Foolish

By stephanieelise SILVER, High Point, North Carolina
stephanieelise SILVER, High Point, North Carolina

"You yourself, as much as anybody else in the entire universe deserve your love and affection."

My heart had been broken so badly before. Foolish I had been, when I let him break down my doors. Those walls had been built from the moment I was born. Yet started to fail, the moment he showed up. I let him in so easily thinking he could fix me. But i didn’t realize he was the one who was breaking me. After two years of beating myself up, I let him have the last clean cut. A part of me died that dreadful day and I never thought I could again be fixed up. Until something miraculous happened one day..  i saw clear skies and a sunny haze. The weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. A burden no longer there, I was finally free. I had never seen such pretty skies and experienced such a carefree breeze. Yet it didn’t last long until another one showed up. Thinking I’d take this chance, I went for it full blast. My heart had been healed up but yet again it would soon break up. Foolish again I was, and foolish again I will always be..I let people in way too easily. Trying to escape from the hands of another, for I am too late I’m already sinking down under. I beg for help, please someone save me, before it’s too late and I die indignantly.