I am love. I am hope. I am confident. I am strong. I am me. | Teen Ink

I am love. I am hope. I am confident. I am strong. I am me.

By BlackRedwood GOLD, Helena, Montana
BlackRedwood GOLD, Helena, Montana

I hate when people say "Don't worry, there's 6 billion people in the world. One of them is just for you!" Honey, do I look like I'm gonna travel around the world and meet all the 6 billion people?

I Am the Moon in the night sky surrounded by stars

but i am unabLe tO touch any of them

i am the books on my shelVEs surrounded by other books

I used to think i could die in the books And no one would notice.

i am hot chocolate in the Mornings and baking in tHe evening.

i used tO be the wilted flower in a beautiful bouquet until he came along and PickEd me.

a girl who needed no prompt to fall head over heels In love with him. A girl who has no troubles with trusting hiM with anything.

i am the introvert who thought she was not. i am horrible at sarCasm but still use it. i am

scarred and i am a brOkeN mirror. i am a reFlection of everyone because I try to be what they

want me to be.

i am the song wilD hEart by the vamps. i am the soNg closer by The chainsmokers and halsey. I

Am the song young god by halsey. i aM not juST one book but an entiRe series called thrONe of

Glass. I Am caitlin. i aM an echo of a real girl.

i am dreaMs of bEing magic, and being in a different place. i am dreams and pretending to be

something and someone stronger.

This poem is actually part of an assignment for my creative writing class. There are no punctuations marks except for periods for a reason. And I would love it if you would look at all the capital letters. Yes, I capitalized some i's and some others I did not. Count the capital I's. Please.