Beginning of The End | Teen Ink

Beginning of The End

By smieyface212 SILVER, Beachwood, Ohio
smieyface212 SILVER, Beachwood, Ohio

I have many of these, but here's a main one:
"Animals our not ours to eat, wear or torture, they help us and our environment, and we need to take care of their environment and give them love in return"

The eyes of failure stare you down
They ask you to take a look around
You see the world being torn apart
“That’s what you see inside your heart”
“How? That can’t be real” “
Yes it can, that’s how you feel”
“But how?” you ask once more
“Because it’s what you’re waiting for”
"Negativity? Death? The end?”
“Child, there’s no need to pretend”
“Pretend? This puzzle just isn’t fitting”
“Child, it’s not the end, it’s the beginning”

During school, I used to be in newspaper, and we were running short on articles, and I needed to write something new anyways because I was getting tired of the old, so I randomly came up with this, I'm sure that something I was thinking about influenced it, but I guess I wasn't concious of what it was. I think that this is a mature poem, that maybe some people can relate to, and--OH! I remember why I wrote this! It was kind of about 2012 and it was a visual I had in my mind that I zapped into words! Enjoy :)

luckypachyderm SILVER, Medford, Oregon

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring- Marlyn Monroe

Wow, i really like this. To me it seemed like a person having a convorsation with their higher power about the end of the world. Perhaps that wasnt the case, but regardless i love the way its written. Could you take a look at some of my poetry and let me know what you think?