Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell | Teen Ink

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

By HappyEmeal GOLD, Lahore, Other
HappyEmeal GOLD, Lahore, Other

When life knocks you down, Dhuzzz! Just puzza back up!!!

I had heard about Rainbow before, but heard mixed reviews about her books. My own cousin - who isn't fond of reading -bought Fangirl, but said the plot got boring. It was because of the negative feedback that I heard which made me think her next book, Eleanor & Park, would be boring too. Boy, was I wrong. 

Firstly, it's about the craziest, weirdest love you could ever find. A fat redhead who can't dress up and a quiet Asian who likes music and comics. It began when they sat next to each other on the school bus. Eleanor secretly read the comics in Park's lap. They develop what we call 'a thing' for each other. And despite all odds, they love each other recklessly. 

Both characters evolve during the book, and their feelings and emotions towards each other change slowly. Twists are added to the plot, and Eleanor's story gets very sad. Obstacles are sprung at home for her, and Park tries very hard to make things better for her.

It is a book that made me laugh and cry. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and it is a must read. I did not like the end though; it could have been much better. 

The narrations switch between Eleanor and Park, which emphasizes on their emotions, point-of-views, and feelings towards one another.

I connected with the characters, and every part of the book was beautiful. Written in the best way possible, this is a story you cannot forget. 

I found it better than The Fault In Our Stars. But the ending killed me.