Field of Dreams | Teen Ink

Field of Dreams

By Chaunson Bill BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, Ny 11577, New York
Chaunson Bill BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, Ny 11577, New York

The movie Field of Dreams, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, is a great movie about a farmer from Iowa who grew up with a weird relationship with his father. As a kid, the main character Ray Kinsella, didn’t grow up with a mother because she died when Ray was a baby. He regrets not having a catch with his dad because his dad ended up dying and Ray never got to ask him to have a catch. Ray left his father, went to college, met the love of his life and never saw his father again

Ray had a farm with tons of land for his crops of corn, but money was very tight for him and his family. Ray was in the field of corn working when he heard a voice that said “If you build it, he will come.” Ray was confused and didn’t know what that meant. The next day he goes back in the field and hears the same thing again and he turns around and sees a vision of a baseball field where part of his crops were. He ends up building a baseball field by destroying a good amount of his corn.

A few days later, while Ray and his wife were talking about how tight money was, they are interrupted by their daughter who says, “Daddy there’s a man on the baseball field.” It was “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, who had been dead for a while. Ray goes on the field and talks to Joe. They end up playing together and then “Shoeless” Joe goes back into the cornfield and disappears until the next day.

Throughout the movie, Rays wife, Annie, supports him. She believes what Ray is saying because she saw the ghosts and one night they both had the same dream of Ray watching a baseball game at Fenway Stadium with Terrence Mann, who’s a fictional writer that Ray admires.

The acting was not all that great except for the character Terrence Mann played by James Earl Jones. His acting was phenomenal, he played the part so well and was very convincing. His facial expressions, the deep thoughts and the way he spoke with such sincerity and deep meanings, made him the best actor in the movie. The rest of the cast wasn’t bad, but James just perfected his role.

The cinematography was great. There was one scene where Ray is in his house, he looks over to the field and you see green corn crops and the baseball field. That scene, the pictures were so detailed you saw every little detail of the field. The film crew did a great job and really made the movie better. Each scene shot was so detailed and noticeable. This movie would really be loved by people who love genres of baseball (sports), adventure and family. This movie deserves three out of four stars.

its good! read it!