The Conjuring | Teen Ink

The Conjuring

By Avrey Dicke GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Avrey Dicke GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“There is something horrible happening in my house.”- Carolyn Perron

“The Conjuring” is an American supernatural horror film that takes place in 1971 in Harrisville, Rhode Island. It follows the story of Roger and Carolyn Perron and their five daughters when they move into a dilapidated farmhouse with an extensive history. This movie isn’t just any paranormal movie, it’s said to be based off of a real case file. The file is from one of Ed and Lorraine Warren’s cases.

It all began about twenty years ago when the producer, Tony DeRosa-Grund, had Ed Warren play the tape of Lorraine’s original interview with Carolyn Perron. The movie was about the Perron family, but from the viewpoint of the Warren’s. This movie had a good but unique start to it. The director James Wan, who also directed “Insidious”, started both movies the same. He had both of the titles come in slowly but with loud eerie music. It is an intense way to start the movie.

The movie itself started out with Ed Warren, played by Patrick Wilson, and Lorraine Warren, played by Vera Farmiga, and the work they do. The movie tied the beginning story with this story very well. One thing that was very neat about the movie, was that they actually had the real Lorraine Warren in the film. The thing that made this movie so scary was that the Perron family was normal and all of this happened to them. This movie has the supernatural scare to have anyone wanting to sleep with the lights on.