The DUFF | Teen Ink

The DUFF

By NewbornAuthor BRONZE, Sicklerville, New Jersey
NewbornAuthor BRONZE, Sicklerville, New Jersey

"If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit."
William J. Clinton

Recently, I watched The DUFF, and it not only motivates, but is inspirational as well. A lot of people may describe this as just another movie, but this is just another movie, another movie with a meaning. Most movies have meanings, but this one stuck out to me farther then the eye can see. The DUFF also incorporates the idea that you should just be who you are, and not hide it from the world. I can't say that everyone will be affected by it's catharsis, but I can say that people should really think about it at the end. Teens these days only care about what others think about them. Once upon a time, people would just be who they are, and if many teens and adults see this movie, I believe that people can see who they are inside and out. The DUFF makes timely points about self love, self esteem,and modern relationships, but in the end, it's all about the body image. The DUFF. NOT just another movie.

I chose to write this review on The DUFF because I've read a lot of critics reviews, and it mostly says that it falls short on the teen drama, but I don't believe that at all. I believe that it shows that through trial and error of the self esteem of a high school, teenage girl. I hope that this piece will inspire people to love who they are, and appreciate what they have.