America's Most Wanted | Teen Ink

America's Most Wanted

By Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas
Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas

Let me cry my tears let me live in sorrow as long as you promise to be with me tomorrow
By Me:)

Adam Walsh was six years old when he was kidnapped from a mall in Florida and murdered. His body was found decapitated and his parents were horrified and devastated. Just like thousands of other parents who have experienced the loss of their child. According to the center for missing and exploited children an average of 800,000 children are reported missing each year. John, the father of Adam Walsh, found a positive outlet for his grief by starting the TV show “America’s Most Wanted.”

America’s Most Wanted warns the public about criminals who have been evading law enforcement’s grasp. The TV show makes the public aware of the crimes that have occurred around us such as burglaries, violence, kidnappings, and homicides by showing reenactments or actual footage of the case. During the show they ask for people who have any information regarding the cases to come forward. Over the years the show has helped capture over 1,774 fugitives worldwide and has resulted in the recovery of over 50 missing children. Thanks to the help of tipsters who watched the show and called in to report information justice has been served.
I encourage you to watch the show and take it seriously. America’s Most Wanted is not a horror movie you can push out of your head. The terror felt by the victims is real. Just like the good that can come from being informed. There is an honorable purpose behind the show that makes taking the time to watch it not just a past time but important.