Apocolypse: Part I | Teen Ink

Apocolypse: Part I

By alexxeo GOLD, Saint Helens, Oregon
alexxeo GOLD, Saint Helens, Oregon

"Absence from the ones we love is self from self-- a deadly banishment." -William Shakespere

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo De Vinci

"Seduce my mind
...and speak those words to the point of
contradiction.
Hypocrisy never seemed so beautiful.
Your lips have it down to an
art. Oh, I know I'm in love with
wordplay.
Speak to me,
'til your lips are numb.
We'll always have pen and paper. " -By Anonymous, Mississauga, Canada

I stood by the doorway, waiting for something, or someone, to appear. An icy shiver snakes down my spine, a sign that I’m beginning to see the truth. No one is coming for me. No superhero is going to save me today. I am alone, and I need to accept this.

***

The sun beats down on me, beads of sweat forming on my forehead, and the dirty blonde hair that lines my face is feeling wet, so I push it back behind my ears, this action doing little. The dirt road in front of me seemed to stretch to the horizon; going on forever. Cars are wrecked, on fire, occasionally you’ll hear someone screaming, but only for it to end abruptly.

I carry a shotgun; always. There’s a pistol on both of my legs in a carrier. Knives line up on my belt like soldiers ready for battle. A bow and arrow on my back for hunting, or maybe, a human running at me to attack. Although, they weren’t exactly human, just crazed monsters with the face of a mutated being of my species. So, I didn’t feel bad, not that much. The only thing that pains me is to think about the life they could have lived; especially the children.

It all started so suddenly, but has gone on for about 7 months…Too long. The last I heard, the entire world was infected; got the news from a guy named Brenden. Scrawny thing…He died shortly after we began to travel to wherever he was going… Bentleyville, Ohio? Yeah, I think that’s it. The thing is, I don’t know where I’m going. Just to where the warmth is, the food, and the water. Survival is what counts. I need to forget about the feelings part for a while.

It was all over the news, attacks in Asia. Apparently, a Chinese scientist named Dr. Yuma from Beijing was putting chemicals into the bodies of Cancer victims, trying to find cures illegally. He was put into prison, but the patients were sent back to live their normal lives. The patients were required to report back to the government, also having there family and friends doing reports.

Over time, there were reports of their behavior changing, and soon, they went totally psycho, one of the patients, a woman, killing her five year old son, and biting and trying to eat her 13 year old son. That 13 year-old son went to school and attacked his classmates, and so did the other children and husbands and wives of the other cancer victims. The disease was not only transferred through the biting of a psychotic zombie, but it was also airborne.

Yeah, zombies would bite you, you’d get the disease in your blood stream, but being around someone who was infected could also cause you to become infected. Pretty soon there were Zombies after people all over in Asia. So, naturally, the Asians came over to the United States or Europe, fleeing their infected continent, looking for care. Some of them bit, some of them seeming healthy. Most that said they were healthy ended up not being.

Uhm... This is to include romance, but not put in yet. Other parts are still being written(:

madison.stewart. SILVER, Saint Helens, Oregon

"Kristian is amazing."

Man, I can't get over how AWESOME this story is ;DD

Please write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiniNikki said...
MiniNikki, St.Helens, Oregon

My favorite poem is "Fire & Ice" by Robert Frost.

Good job(: yayyyy keep writing

alexxeo GOLD said...
alexxeo GOLD, Saint Helens, Oregon

"Seduce my mind
contradiction.
Hypocrisy never seemed so beautiful.
Your lips have it down to an
art. Oh, I know I'm in love with
wordplay.
Speak to me,
'til your lips are numb.

Thanks everyone(: PLEASE COMMENT!!!! :DD

Nice work(: I loved the way you started it(: Whoop Whoop!

"Kristian is amazing."

WOW! THIS IS SO GOOD!

Please write more!!!!!!!!!!

jeffnjackie said...
Can't wait for the second part! Great job.

JACK said...
Great job! :DD This is awesome!(: