J'aime...(5) | Teen Ink

J'aime...(5)

By YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado
YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado

"Laugh, it keeps the world from falling apart"

4:15
Almost to Park

My phone buzzed while I was walking across the street from the park. Nicson looked at the pocket while I pulled it out.
From: Dustin
Y where u @ ur house?

I bit my lip and looked at Nicson. He shook his head. I texted back.

Can't say

I sent the message and kept on walking.Nicson tapped me on the shoulder. I looked at him, questionly. He motioned for me to follow him and went back into the trees. I followed him. He was on a stump, sitting down.

" O.K, now we can smoke." He said. I smiled, he smiled back. My phone buzzed again.

y can't u say? r u hiding something from me?

I rolled my eyes.

yea, i can say, but it's personal.

I sent it and went to sit on the same stump with Nicson. I pulled the cigars out and put one in my mouth and lighted it. He did the same.

-----------------------

We walked back to my house after 30 minutes. I walked in the door and found my mom right in front of me. " Dinner's ready, Renee. Um, Nicson, why don't you go back to your house?" She asked politliy.

" I'm staying here tonight."

She sighed. " Well, it might be better if you both hear. We'll talk about it after dinner."

Nicson looked at me and I shrugged.

" Talk about what?" I asked.

" Something." She said, forcefully. I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to get my dinner from the stove. There was chinese spaggetti, sesame chicken, and rice. 'Great', I thought to myself, 'Mom ordered chinese food again.' I picked my food and went to my room to eat. Nicson followed.

" Um, aren't you going to eat anything?" I asked. He shook his head.

" THAT." He said slowly. I sighed and shoved the plate toward him. He started to pick up a chicken when my phone started to play 'Twinkle Twinkle little star'. He laughed. I got my phone and flipped it open.

" Hello?" I asked.

" Hello?" A male voice mocked.

" Uh..."

" Uh..." It said again.

" Who is this?"

"Who is this?"

" STOP MOCKING ME!" I shouted into the phone.

" STOP MOCKING ME!" It shouted back.

" I'm stupid."

" Your stupid."

" Gottcha!"

" Gottcha!" Nicson looked at me strangely. I shrugged.

" O.K. If this is Dustin, I'm going to kill you." I said.

" O.k. If this is Dustin, I'm going to kill you." And then they hung up. I pressed the redial button.

" Hello?"

" Yeah, who is this?"

" Dustin?" He said slowly like I was an idiot.

" WHY DID YOU MOCK ME?" I screamed at him.

" Oh... that was you?" He said stupidly.

" Ugh." I hung up. " I'm going to kick his ** tomarrow." I murrmured.

Nicson shrugged and continued to eat. I slapped his hand when there was nothing but a piece of chicken on my plate." Leave some for me..." I whinned.

" Oh... sorry." He looked down sheeplishly.

" Hey, it's okay." I said. He looked up and smiled at me.

" Thanks." He leaned down and kissed me. I smiled. My phone broke the silence. " UGH! How popular are you?" He asked teasly.

" Must I remind you? Very little." I smiled and flipped open my phone. " Hello?" I asked.

" I'm coming over." Dustin said and hung up.

" That was weriod." I said.

" What happened?"

" Dustin just said that he was coming over and then he hung up on me."

" Oh." The doorbell rung. Yes, we live 2 houses apart from each other.
" Stay here." I got up and opened the front door. " Oh hey, Dus-"

" Hey, listen, I need to talk to you." He said hurridly. I survaed him. He looked nervous.

" What is it?" I asked.

Author's Note:

Wat do u think iz going 2 happen next? Wat do u want 2 happen next?