700 Stars | Teen Ink

700 Stars

By syavian1019 SILVER, Austin, Texas
syavian1019 SILVER, Austin, Texas

Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

There was once a girl who had heart cancer. The doctors told her she didn’t have much time left, so they took her off the breathing machines and told her to enjoy her last few months. The next day, her grandfather told her a legend: if you folded 700 stars, that night they would fly to the heavens and bring back health for you. She began folding, day by day, carefully placing each one in a box. One week before the prescribed last day, she finished the 700th. When she woke up the next morning, the doctors told her someone had donated her a heart. She was alive, and the box of stars had disappeared. The next day was her grandfather’s funeral. In his will, he left her a small bag. When she looked inside, she found her 700 stars.

syavian1019 SILVER, Austin, Texas

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

epicvicky SILVER, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

All it takes is 20 seconds on insane courage, just 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery, and I promise you something great will come of it.

As I was reading I wasn't very sure where it was going. Then I got hit by a wall of feelings. This was utterly amazing and written so well.