Killer Eyes; part 2 | Teen Ink

Killer Eyes; part 2

By unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

I looked out the small window and tried to imagine I was in another place. I tried not to listen to the erratic beeping of the machines and the low breathing of the person beside me. The winter trees and snow on the ground seemed like a different world.
I turned my head back around and my green eyes focused on the figure of a girl curled up on the bed. Her pale skin glowed weirdly under the fluorescent lights. Her shoulders moved up and down in sync to her breathing. I reached over and stroked her hair away from her face. Her head moved under me; I froze. She turned her head towards me and her eyes fluttered open.
“Who are you?” she demanded. Her voice was hoarse, like she had been yelling all day. “Why are you here? Who let you in? Help,” she cried out. I covered her mouth with my hand.
“Sh, be quiet,” I told her. “My name is Mark. I rescued you the other day at school when you collapsed.” She sat up in her bed; I tried to push her back down but she wouldn’t budge.
“You were my guardian angel?” she said. I frowned in confusion.
“Guardian angel?”
“I thought I was going to die because an angel came and saved me.” She looked up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers. I grinned. I had never been described as an angel.
“Well, you aren’t dead, that’s for sure. You are in the hospital. Can I ask one thing?” She nodded. “Why did you collapse? The doctor wouldn’t tell me anything. Not even on the ride to the hospital.”
“You rode with me to the hospital?”
“Don’t change the subject.” She blushed; the blood crept up her cheeks slowly. I smiled at the normal color.
“I will tell you only if you answer my question.” She paused waiting for me to nod. When I did she continued, “I have leukemia.” I feel my eyes widen but don’t utter a sound. She looks away ashamed.
“You don’t look like you have cancer,” I blurted out. It was the first thing that came to my mind and I instantly regretted them. Flames burned in her eyes as she turned back to me.
“So what? I have to be bald or weak to have cancer?” Her heart rate went up, I could tell, because the beeping got faster. I shook my head.
“No, it’s not like that. I just thought… I’m sorry,” I rushed to get the words out. I saw her shoulders relax and then she looked down at her hands.
“Now you have to answer my question,” she said quietly.
“Okay.” I didn’t want to upset her even more.
“Why do you care so much about me? Why did you come here?” She turned the full intensity of her eyes on me. It was my turn to look down.
“You were different. You didn’t care that Carrie was talking about you or didn’t act shy in school. You had this aurora of confidence around you,” I paused looking at her reaction. Tears were welling up in her eyes. “And you had killer eyes.”
“Thanks,” she sounded choked up. Courageously, she took my hand from my lap and squeezed it. “Don’t leave me. Stay with me ‘till I die.” I wanted to shout at her. I wanted to say that she wasn’t going to die. But I swallowed back my words and nodded.
“I will,” I swore.
“Oh, and call me Alex.” She smiled at me-such a beautiful sight-and closed her eyes. I held onto her hand as she fell asleep. I knew then that I was in love.

Sequel to Killer Eyes

KateLovesMusicAndArt BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona
Amazing! I love it! I love how with both parts you have had a GREAT ending! Keep it up! :)

bunbun74 SILVER, Fort Collins, Colorado
again, this was so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so AWESOME! this should be a book!

breebree said...

me too im so gonna read part one i bet its just as great

Mojo4133 BRONZE, Tropy Club, Texas

“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”
-James Hetfield

Same Here! Love it!

breebree said...
i think this was very good.......keep writin id love to know what happens

this is ok, but you go waaaayyyy too fast! you seem like you just want to get to the romance in the way you write. but good job, just go allot slower next time!

shedevil said...
shedevil, Spotsylvania, Virginia
A little fast , and you shifted tenses but overall it was really good (:

freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

"Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door." ;)

This was AMAZING! but (I hate saying this word) its going by a little to fast. Slow it down more and add a little more detail.

AnnieHay said...
AnnieHay, Glendale, New York

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.~Ferris Beuller
The past is the future with the lights on.~Plus 44

its pretty good, but everything just happens so fast! maybe a litle more detail?

EmmyGrangerDC BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Why is it that the one who made you cry is the only one that can keep you from crying? - Anonymous

Be careful. You're shifting tenses. make sure it stays just past tense or just present.

TaylorLlover said...
TaylorLlover, East Meadow, New York
Plz continue this,you are a great writter

Sincerly,Jasmine SILVER, Villa Park, Illinois

"Beauty comes in its own box"

ahmazing plz keep goin

emoVamp247 BRONZE, Port Saint Lucie, Florida
that should be longer but i loved it.

Thrush BRONZE said...
Thrush BRONZE, Tegaad, Other

"Live life to it's fullest extent, it's the only life you've got" "Enjoy yourself, be yourself, love yourself"

So sweet. It's making me cry.

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Very sweet, I read Guardian Angel too, it just seems like it went rather fast.  Exceptionally good though.

Teiralovessugar SILVER, Sweet Home, Oregon

" Never Underestimate the Power of LOVE!"

this is the most amazing series i have ever read on here! omg luv it!!!

Anique_ThePoet GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

"A writer should write with his eyes and painter paint with his ears." ~Gertrude Stein~

what a twist with her cancer. its still beautiful though.

twingirl4 said...
that was soooo good! I love the twisty love going on! good job!

LeeAnn1996 GOLD, Vernon, Alabama

There's nothing to be afraid of if you face it first.

I read the first one and loved it and I love this one just as much!

xBaByGiRrL22x PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"The goal isn't to live forever, but create something that will."
"If you wanna go, baby let's go; if you wanna rock, I'm ready to roll.''
"No one ever said it'd be easy. They just said it'd be worth it." <3

i agree, but i really like this!!