Delarie Teen Years | Teen Ink

Delarie Teen Years

November 24, 2009
By mari14 SILVER, MI, Florida
mari14 SILVER, MI, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love or oxygen, you need both to live and pump your heart." -By Mari


The first day of school of last year, was good, and by good I mean the school’s breakfast. By the looks of how things have been going since sixth grade, the first day of seventh grade will be a disaster.






Later at school, sixth graders panicked and got lost so I was asked often where the 100s, 200s, and 500s wings were. I am a seventh grader, so I do not get lost, except on the third floor, but that’s a different story. Few minutes after my first class, some classmates from last year called me over, “Delarie!” I went over to them and they asked me what I was doing for my birthday this year. I didn’t know so I simply shrugged. I reviewed my schedule.











I was lucky to have Ollia, my best friend, in Mr. Robinson’s, Mrs. Anaellse’s, Miss. Berduez’s, and Mrs. Desma’s homeroom and L.A. class. I only do not have her for science and civics.





Unfortunately, so is Jared, and he’s in most my classes. He’s the school’s most frightening guy. He is not a bully or anything but because he is silent, always wears black, is a loner most of the time, and is muscular people fear him. There was even a rumor that Jared had beaten four guys from 10th grade. Though, the creepiest thing about him is that he can stay silent for a long time, without moving. You never know when he’s near you or not, because he is like a ghost that roams quietly through the halls.
Today I went to every class for 45 minutes, but in period 5 we had lunch, so it lasted about 2 hours, then in Language Arts the class was an hour and thirty minutes, and homeroom was for the last thirty minutes of school.





























During lunch, Ollia and I had talked about our schedules and the cute boys in our classes. I still remember most of our conversation.






















“Who’s the cutest guy in your class, Olli?”
She blushed and giggled, “James Arvert.”
“Is he nice? Did he talk to you?”
“Yes, and no. He does not talk much and-” I waited for her to continue but she didn’t. Then she signaled me with her head to look up, and I did.
Jared and James were right above me, but they sat down after what seemed like an hour trying to choose what table to sit in. Here at Dashton Waver Middle School, the students who are in groups of two, sit across from each other at lunch. So Ollia’s back faced the cafeteria and mine faced Jared. (Jared was behind me and James was in front of Jared.)
I could hear their conversation clearly.
“Do you like your classes?” One of the boys asked the other, in a sweet but not high voice. I can’t tell who’s who though.
“No.” Said the other voice.
“Oh, well mine are okay. There’s some people I know in my classes.”
“Like who?” The second voice started to sound interested in the conversation.
“The ones from last year…Kassie, Holly, you, Charles, Jerry, Steven, Stephanie, Ollia, and Delarie.”
I heard the smooth voice, (not the sweet one), chuckle at the end. To be honest, his laugh was attractive. WHAT AM I SAYING?!! Though I don’t know why he’s laughing. Why is he laughing?
“Why are you laughing? Jared, you’re starting to scare me.” James said…I think he read my mind. Wait, so the sweet voice is James and the chuckle was from Jared…Oh. Jared stopped laughing, got his tray, and threw his trash away. “It’s nothing.”
He glanced at me but quickly looked back at James. “See you later, James.”
James was as cute as Olli told me before we had entered the cafeteria.
“He has straight blonde hair. He has blue eyes that sparkle. Oh, and he loves wearing his dark blue jacket.” Her eyes also sparkle, especially when the topic is James.
“Is he in all your classes, or just a few?”
“Hm-oh yeah, he is in all my classes.” I couldn’t help but frown a little.
“What’s wrong?” I changed my expression to hide my frown.
“There’s nothing wrong, what makes you say that?”
“You frowned and now you hid it. I know there’s something bothering you. I didn’t meet you yesterday, you know?” I didn’t know what to tell her. I do not know even why I’m sad, but ever since I found out that Jared is only in most of my classes I have been kind of down. Unfortunately, so is Jared is what I had thought, but I actually wanted him to be in all my classes.
Anyway, that’s what happened that was “interesting” at school, or that’s what my sister said to me when I told her about my day. She told me about her day and it was way more entertaining than mine.
My cell phone rang. I picked it up.
“Hey.”
“Hi?” Usually Olli only calls me before or right after school, unless it’s an emergency like now.
“Um, can you come over to my house, A.S.A.P.?”
“Why? Did something happen to you, Olli?”
“Yes, so please, HELP ME!”


The author's comments:
Hope you like it :D