Blie Sky part 11 | Teen Ink

Blie Sky part 11

By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts

I swiftly sat up in my bed alarmed from the awful nightmare I had just had. I glanced at my alarm clock that was resting on my nightstand, it was 5:09pm. Wow I slept for a while no wonder I feel so alert. I swung my legs over the side of my bed a little too fast I had to grab the wall for support on and walked down the stairs. I overheard my parents, Ellie, and surprisingly Eric all eating dinner, they were talking, and laughing! I guess my parents really opened up to him, I didn’t want to spoil there nice dinner. I turned around to go upstairs but I turned around a little too fast I got dizzy and I had to grab the wall for support. Just then Eric walked in the room with a plate and a glass in is hand. I quickly took my hand off of the wall and leaned against it instead trying to make myself look like I felt better. “Skylar, you look a lot less pale, you look better.” Eric placed his dish and cup in the sink and walked toward me. “Thanks,” I paused my hoarse voice startling me a bit. “I didn’t want to disturb you guys it sounded like you were having a good time.” I walked down the last couple of stairs leading into the kitchen. “Yeah we did have a lot to talk about tonight, I guess it’s just you causing all the bad luck and awkwardness.” I shoved him, “Shut up.” I tried to say it in a rude tone but my voice cracked. Eric grabbed a tall glass and filled it with water, I was expecting him to chug it down but instead he placed it on the counter and pushed it toward me. “Here you need this, you sound awful.”

“Ugh, I know.” I groaned not liking one bit of this sickness. I took the glass in my hand and slowly drank it, after I finished it I placed it in the sink and cleared my throat. “Thanks I did need that, and it worked.” I was astonished at how I sounded better just by drinking a little water. I could smell the cheese burgers that Eric and the rest of my family had ate for dinner and my stomach growled. “You must be hungry since you haven’t eaten anything in a while; I will cook you up some soup.” Eric walked over to the closet to pull out the many different kinds of soup we had but I stopped him. “Um.. I just want some crackers I’m not that hungry for soup.” I said walking up beside and reaching for the crackers. I wanted to get them myself; I certainly didn’t want Eric doing everything for me when I was perfectly capable of doing it myself. I took a seat at the kitchen table and opened the box of saltines. I reached in and grabbed five crackers and I placed them on a napkin. Before eating them I held the box out to Eric, “Want some?” I asked before breaking one and popping the little piece into my mouth. “Sure I might as well have a couple.” Eric said reaching into the box and pulling out three. He ate them faster then I did, but I was being cautious I did not want to upset my stomach. After I ate the last piece of the last saltine I crumpled up the napkin in my hand, walked over the trash can and threw it away. Eric walked up behind me. “I told you I would help, now your voice is better.” Eric smiled proudly, before saying. “You do like my help, and I am always going to be here to provide it.” I made a mocking grin before heading back upstairs with Eric tagging along behind me.

thanks and its okay

contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

ha ha anyways i loved it keep up the great work (=

the-ampersand PLATINUM, Ogdensbury, New York
he was going to make SOUP because there wasn't enough cheeseburgers?!? sorry, i just thought that was kinda funny. cant wait for more! =.=