Pinky Promise | Teen Ink

Pinky Promise

May 19, 2010
By iluvnacho PLATINUM, Somewhere, Colorado
iluvnacho PLATINUM, Somewhere, Colorado
28 articles 1 photo 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Find the beauty in the ugly\"-Jason Mraz 5-19-10
\"Be kinder than nessicary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.\" Unknown 11-29-10


"I'm sorry," he whispered, voice gentle with pain. I kept my gaze locked on the floor, fighting the urge to cry."Please, look at me," he begged, brushing his hand under my chin. I bit my lip, forcing myself to do so. No longer were his eyes depths of chocolate brown spinning with green. They were dull, but sorrowful. So sorrowful. Nothing needed to be said when I hugged his broad shoulders. A few tears slipped, but I wiped them away before he saw. He was doing this for a good reason. In a way, I was proud of him. Maybe not of picking his country over me, but either way, he was going to be gone. Far away, over the salty sea where I could only imagine what he ws doing without his hand slipped through my own. "Hey," he softly said, tender hand running over my cheek."I'm going to be fine. I pinky promise." He humored me, wrapping his large pinky finger around my own. I managed to pull up my lips up in a smile and squeezing my pinky against his. Gingerly, he kissed his cool lips on my finger. That's when I almost lost it, broke down completely. I didn't have time to cry when his lips intertwined with my own, the kiss it's own firework. For a moment in time, I felt perfect, as nothing could break me. Dread bleached my blood when I saw his camoflauge outfit disappear with the others. Not all promises can be kept.


The author's comments:
Dear John inspired this one. Nicholas sparks is an amazing writer. This book was so real, I wanted to try to imitate what he did to me when I was flipping through his book. worth a try.