EC+WM=4never (5) | Teen Ink

EC+WM=4never (5)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

1:00 a.m.
Westchester Public Library

Will and I had had a really great time at the library. We’d read, checked out a few books, and also checked out a few CDs. And we were now sitting in Will’s car, listening to one of the CDs Will had chosen. It was an All Time Low album. I’d never listened to the band before, but according to Will, they were really good.
“Ok, so this one’s like, my favorite.” Will informed me. He flipped to track number six, and the song began playing. “It’s called ‘Dear Maria, Count Me In’.” he told me.
I began nodding my head to the beat, and before I knew it I was mentally singing along with the words. “I got your picture, I’m coming with you. Dear Maria, count me in.”
“So, what did you think?” he asked me when the song ended.
“They’re good.” I replied. And they were. Will definitely had great taste in music.
“You want to hear my second favorite?” he inquired, grinning impishly.
I laughed, loving how his dark eyes twinkled when he smiled, and nodded my head. “Sure, let’s hear it.”
He went to track twelve and more music filled my ears. “This one’s called ‘Poppin’ Champaign’.” When the song was over, I found myself smiling.
“I liked it.” I told him.
“Which one did you like better?” he asked.
“Hmm…” I murmured, placing my index finger on my chin so that I looked deep in thought. “I’ve got to go with ‘Dear Maria’.” I told him.
“I know right!” he said. We listened to a few more songs, talking and laughing the whole time. And I loved every second of it. I loved being with Will in general. Just us two alone in his car, hanging out. It was perfect. “So,” he began, “what CDs did you get again?”
“Let’s see…” I said to myself, leaning down to pick them up from where they sat beside my feet. “Paramore, Ke$ha, and David Archuleta.” He lifted an eyebrow and failed to conceal a smirk. “What?” I demanded.
“It’s just that you have such a diverse taste in music.” he chuckled. “How do you go from Paramore to David Archuleta?”
I shrugged, “I like a lot of different music.” I stated simply.
“Well, I like Paramore.” he said. “But I can’t stand Ke$ha. And I’m not sure I’ve heard any of David Archuleta’s music…but that was by choice.”
“Stop being so judgmental,” I chided, punching his arm playfully. I pressed eject and put his All Time Low CD back into it’s case, and then inserted my David Archuleta CD in. ‘Crush’ began playing through the speakers and I grinned to myself. “Well there’s a first time for everything.”
“Oh God,” he groaned. “I hate it already.”
“You haven’t even heard the chorus yet,” I told him. “Just give it a chance.”
“I don’t think you understand. I don’t have to hear the chorus to know that this song sucks.” I glared at him, pretending to be mad, but I couldn’t hold my glare for that long. We both ended up laughing in the end.
“Well, what about this next one?” I suggested. I switched it to track number two, which was ‘Touch My Hand’. Will winced at the light, bouncy pop music as soon as it began to play.
“Even worse than the first one,” he remarked, shaking his head in displeasure.
“Ok, well how about number five? That’s my favorite one.” I told him.
“If you insist,” he murmured. I turned on track five, ‘A Little Too Not Over You’, and watched for Will’s reaction. His facial expression remained mutual, and I couldn’t really tell if he liked it or not.
“So what do you think?” I asked him after he’d heard the chorus.
“It’s not so bad. You definitely wouldn’t find this on my iPod, but it’s not completely horrible.”
I laughed as how straightforward he was. That was one of the things I loved most about him though, his honesty. Even if the truth was brutal, he wouldn’t lie to avoid it. And it was nice to know that I had a boyfriend that I could trust one hundred percent of the way.
I remembered how awful it felt when I’d found out that Ash was going to be in the army. And it was especially awful that he had kept it from me for that long. And as if that alone hadn’t damaged my trust towards him. He had also continued meeting with our pastor behind my back after I’d called of the wedding too. I loved Ash to death, but it had always been kind of difficult to trust him.
And with Cole…well after he’d told me that he was only dating me because I was attractive, it was kind of hard for me to trust that he actually did love me. And even though I’d been madly in love with Cole, it had been pretty difficult for me to trust him after that too.
But with Will things were different. With Will I knew that he was always going to be honest and trustworthy. I also knew he wouldn’t go behind my back or not tell me something that was crucial to our relationship. And that thought comforted me. It made me feel safe to know that I didn’t have to worry about whether or not he was hiding anything from me, or not being totally honest with me.
My phone began to buzz inside my pocket and I reached inside with a sigh to answer it. The caller I.D. read Cole Wilson. I let out a deep breath of apprehension and answered the phone.
“Cole, what’s up?” I greeted him.
“It’s Shaun,” he said. “After Katrina…passed, Megan begged him to take her back. He agreed of course, and so Megan dropped out of college too, because they just couldn’t stand to be away from eachother. But now they have no place to live, so he begged me to ask you for forgiveness. Oh, and he wants to know if you would let them live with you for at least a week, just until they can figure out what to do next. Neither of their parents know that they dropped out, but they’re afraid to tell them, because they know they’ll be furious.”
“Are you freakin’ serious?” I demanded, rolling my eyes. Did Shaun honestly think that after dumping my best friend and pissing me off, I’d let him and his witch of a girlfriend come live with me? If he did, he was out of his mind.
“Yeah, I kind of am. And he obviously can’t come stay with me, because I’m at the University of Michigan, where he should’ve just stayed.” I could tell by the tone of Cole’s voice that he was extremely irritated with his friend.
“Well sorry, but I can’t help him.” I said. “Because right now, I’m living in my car.”
“What?” Cole cried. “Why the hell are you living in your car?”
“Well, my mom kicked me out for the entire month of April, because she wanted me to go live with my dad and Nina. She thinks that I need to form a better relationship with my dad. But then Nina pushed me out of her car, left me in a deserted parking lot, and lied to my dad about it. So I decided that I’d had enough of that hellhole and left. But I didn’t have any place to go, so I’m living in my car until May.” I explained to him.
“Oh my gosh, Evalynne, why didn’t you tell me this sooner? You can’t live in your car for a whole month! I can call Kristy right now, and tell her that you need to stay with her. I don’t care if you two are fighting, I will not let you live in your car.”
I couldn’t help but appreciate how caring Cole was being. But I didn’t want to go stay with Kristy. I actually enjoyed living in my car, because Will was with me. And I wanted to tell that to Cole. I wanted Cole to know that Will and I were a couple now. But the thought of telling him that hurt too much. Because once I told him that, he’d know that I was not available. I knew that I should’ve told him. I should’ve wanted him to know that I was unavailable so he didn’t try to win be back or anything. But I just couldn’t get myself to do it.
“Cole, I really appreciate your concern, but I don’t think that’s such a good idea. Besides, I actually like living in my car.” I met Will’s eyes and smiled, letting him know that he was the reason behind that.
“Evalynne, you don’t have to lie to me.” Cole said. “I get that you probably don’t like Kristy very much right now, and that’s ok. But I will not allow you to be homeless for an entire month. If I can help you, then I will.”
Why did he have to be so sweet? Why couldn’t he have just said ‘oh, that sucks’ and then hung up? If he’d done that, then I wouldn’t be feeling the way I was at that moment. But I had Will. And I was perfectly fine with that. In fact, I loved it. I’d wanted Will for such a long time, and now I finally had him. I wouldn’t give that up just to go back to Cole, who was a player and lived all the way in Michigan.
But I knew that Cole wouldn’t give up that easily. The only way to get him to stop trying to help me was to tell him the truth. I just hoped that he would be ok with it, because I really didn’t want to hurt him. Especially after how concerned and caring he was being.
“Cole, I’m not lying to you. I really do like living in my car, because I get to hang out with Will everyday. He’s actually in a situation where he’s living in his car too. Will and I are together now too, so it’s really great.” I could even hear how strained my voice sounded, but luckily Will didn’t seem to notice. He just grinned at me, causing his eyes to twinkle once again.
Cole on the other hand was silent for a few moments. “Oh,” he finally said, sounding let down. “That’s cool,” he added, trying to sound as if he was happy for me. But he failed miserably, and I knew that I had hurt him. Which hurt me.
“Well, I’ve got to go now. Tell Shaun I’m sorry that I can’t help him.” I replied.
“Ok,” he agreed, his tone dull.
“Bye,” I said to him. But he didn’t say bye to me. He just hung up.

Here's chapter 5...enjoy :)

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

yay(:          

lol well chapters 6 & 7 just got uploaded & i'm about to submit 8 & 9 haha :)

awesome. and write moreeeeee

yea there is, i just submitted it yesterday so idk when it will be uploaded haha :)

Is there a 6th one? I want to read it if there is!!! :)

lol i'm 15 :)

have a question...just like out of curiosity not to be weird..blut like how old are you?

moreeeee!   

MythicWeaver BRONZE, Hampton Bays, New York

There is no such thing as coincidence, there is only the inevitable

AAAHHHHH!!!!! Write the next one already!!!