Revolution | Teen Ink

Revolution

By KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California
KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I picked myself off the floor from where you left me. You stared in amazement as I - yes I - fought back. You didn’t protect yourself when I punched, kicked, and scratched you, making your body identical to mine. You did not react when I reached into your chest and tore your heart apart. You stood irresolute as I screamed and cried and spat. You made no move to stop me as I packed my bags and left without another word. You no longer control me. You are not part of my life.
Too long has my love for you blinded my view of the devil inside of your smiles. Too long have I taken your crap and lied in a puddle of my own cowardice and blood, wondering why I love you. I will not let you lead my life anymore. I have seen what it could be, what a normal relationship looks like, and I know now – this is not love. I have cut you out of my beaten down heart and nursed my own independence back to health while you weren’t looking. I have grown since you first met me. You are not part of my life.
I picked myself off the floor from where you left me.
You are not my lover.

This was another piece for my Creative Writing class. Please rate and comment!