The Story Eyes Can Tell | Teen Ink

The Story Eyes Can Tell

By Hannahbear GOLD, Blue Jay, California
Hannahbear GOLD, Blue Jay, California

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

I glance in his direction. He feels my eyes on him. Slowly looks up at me. Panic rushes through my body, but I catch his gaze. I plea with my eyes, hoping he will hear their desperate whispers. Love me. Love me. He makes a mistake. Looks at me for a second too long. His eyes tell a story. They're softly speaking to mine. I love you. I love you. I do. I do. He continues to grasp my quick glance. I cling to his deep blue eyes; soaking in the things he is trying to tell. I want to pull away. I don't want to be sucked into the trap. The trap I have fallen for so many times before. I cry and scream and yell at my eyes to let go. But they refuse. My heart begins to sink as the eyes of the one I will never have bore into me. Yet still they hold. They clutch the one thing in this world I want, but cannot have. A smile dances on his lips, luring me in to stay for more. So I stay. Look away! Look away! Don't fall for the trick! But my eyes are hypnotized. Mesmerized, And he looks away. I have lost this battle.