This Boy | Teen Ink

This Boy

October 31, 2011
By Keanna Norwood BRONZE, Hemet, California
Keanna Norwood BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This boy whom is always on my mind. This boy with perfect lips. This boy with tan skin. This boy with sexy muscles. This boy is my dream!

This boy is the boy everyone wants, everyone would kill for. They will jump off a building for this boy. That’s how amazing this boy is! I got the pleasure of meeting this boy and talking to him for the first time.

It was my senior year and it was the time of year that boys were using their head and rather affectionate sides to ask the burning question. Will you go to Prom with me? No one had yet asked me and I still hadn’t gotten my dress yet. I wasn’t dating anybody and wanted to get asked in a cute way! I wanted to get asked in front of the whole school with all eyes on us and people shouting and cheering in excitement. I wanted to get asked by this certain boy. This cute boy. This adorable boy. This dreamy boy. I thought, “Yeah like that’s ever going to happen!”

Friday comes around and there is a pep rally that I have to perform at since I’m a cheerleader. At this pep rally, they will also be announcing Prom king and queen nominations. Dreaming of being Prom queen since I was a little girl, I am very hopeful and nervous. Once everybody is settled and in the gym, the cheerleaders perform a flawless routine that gets the crowd pumped! And here comes nominations! My stomach has butterflies! The announcer says, “Wait a minute folks, it looks like they need a Keanna Norwood out in the center of the gym.” Worried that something is wrong I cautiously walk to the center of the gym. The crowd gets silent and the gym goes pitch black. I don’t know what is going on! A spot light is on this boy holding a question mark while my best friends hold a sign that says, “PROM!?” with hearts scattered all over it! I am in so much shock I have to blink and see if this is all real…it is! This boy whom I’ve been dreaming about just asked me to Prom in front of the whole school! He walks forward and the crowd goes wild as I nod a yes to him and he gives me a huge hug! The announcer says, “Ok how cute! Onto Prom nominations.” I’m still nervous, but so excited. I hear one girls name called from my Spanish class. Oh and there’s another from English. “Keanna Norwood” I can’t believe I was nominated! I walk down to the center of the gym again and this boy runs up to me and what does he do you ask? This boy gently and flawlessly sweeps me off my feet and presses his sweet, soft lips onto mine!

That was the best day of my life, all thanks to this boy. This boy and I are still together and very much in love! We both graduated college and are now getting married, tomorrow actually. I was just unpacking boxes and looking through my senior year book. Now who is this boy you ask? This boy is the sweetest, most loving person ever, this boy is my everything, and this boy is Taylor Lautner. <3

The author's comments:
i was inspired by Taylor Lautner.