Always have and always will | Teen Ink

Always have and always will

By xo19brandee93xo SILVER, Griswold, Connecticut
xo19brandee93xo SILVER, Griswold, Connecticut

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

In the dark of the hallway the floor creaked; I crept quieter due to the fact his parents are sleeping. I silently raced to the my way to the dark basement to join my friend Steven. When I came to the foot of the stairs, I could see him playing his video games in his normal outfit; black tank top and black basketball shorts. I chuckled because every time I catch him he would be wearing the same thing. Quietly I went down the steps but not quiet enough. "Come sit with me" he laughed. I jumped at the offer and sat next to him on the hard carpeted floor in the darkened basement only lighted by his television. As I got closer to him i caught the amazing scent of his delicious cologne that captivates my nose. The room light up when the game he as playing, Call of Duty, had a great flash of light. "Screw this" he laughed and turned off the Xbox360. We sat in the dark room together.
Few minutes pass as we sat in the dark in the same spot. From what I could see in the darkness was him holding his arms out to invite me into a cuddling session. Even though he couldn't see, I was grinning ear to ear. "Is this a dream" I thought "Could this be happening?" I felt slight movements within my hair that tickled my brain, those movements i enjoy so much. I looked at him deeply and he looked back with those deep green eyes and quirky smile. He put his fingers on my chin and tilted my head upwards. Five silent seconds later he leaned in and brushed his lips with mine. MY mind fluttered with emotion, it covered up all the stress I had from today. My heart pounded and the butterflies came to my stomach. I didn't know what to do; i was paralyzed from head to toe. When the brief kiss was over we smiled at each other, heart still pounding and butterflies still fluttering around, I closed my eyes, placed my head on his chest, and listened to his heart beat. I suddenly caught my self drifting to sleep, "I love you" slipped out of my mouth. "I love you too" echoed through my ears.

This is a piece I wrote in a journal once and I thought it should shared. This was a real experience.