Wishes | Teen Ink

Wishes

By Allessandre SILVER, Tryon, North Carolina
Allessandre SILVER, Tryon, North Carolina

You're unique, just like everybody else.

I opened my eyes to find my head lying in his lap, his face only inches from mine. He looked into my eyes, pinning me with his deep golden-green gaze. I felt his hand in my curly hair, combing his fingers through it with a rhythm, twirling it around each finger. His other hand cupped my face, curving around and stroking down my cheek, stopping at the corner of my lip and returning to my cheekbone after each stroke.
He removed his hand from my cheek, and traced his index and middle fingers across my lips. His short, blonde hair hung loosely around his face, barely tickling my cheeks. I could feel the soft wind of his breath wafting across my face, and I shivered when his fingers touched my lips, sending tingles through my body.
The hand in my hair slid down to my waist, pulling me up to sit in his lap, holding me close. He pressed me against his chest, the hand at my lips traveled back to weave his fingers through my hair again. He left the other hand at my waist, holding me securely.
One of my legs dangled off the couch, but I felt secure, knowing he wouldn’t let me fall. His hair no longer fell loosely, but lay normally, framing his face. I traced one of my hands up his side and over his shoulder, letting it lay on his neck. He smiled slightly, then grasped the leg that was hanging off the couch with the hand that had been at my waist, pulling me around until I was straddling him.
His hand lingered on my leg for a moment before returning to my waist, pulling me close again. The hand in my hair pushed gently on the back of my head, and I went with it. I leaned into him, but was still surprised when our lips met, curving and fitting together like a mold. For a moment we lingered in that position, but then he swiped his tongue over my bottom lip, sending shivers down my spine.
I opened my mouth, feeling his lips part with mine. His tongue slipped into my mouth, and I gasped into him as he ran his tongue over mine. The kiss was slow and deep; teasing, playful, soft. I was never prepared for how amazing he was, never ready for the shocks he sent down my spine. He was so perfect, so very, amazingly perfect.
One hand on his shoulder, I pulled the other up to his chest, dying to run my fingers through his hair, but resisting. I’d never done that before, and though his fingers were locked in mine, I was afraid he wouldn’t like it if I did the same, so I kept the urge to myself. I didn’t want to ruin this perfect moment. Losing myself in his kiss, I noticed my eyes had closed without me noticing, and I peeked through my lashes at his face. His eyes were closed, his face serene. His soft lashes cast a faint shadow on his face.
God he was gorgeous. How did I end up with a guy like him? I could never deserve him, never would I be capable of repaying him for everything he’s done. The way he stood by me the year we met, when I was still afraid of trusting people, especially the one who deserved it as much as he did. I had been so scared, so difficult to befriend, but he had held out, and I had opened up. My heart had slowly began to think maybe he was worth it. Of course, it had taken him a while before he felt the same, he’d been with my best friend for nine months, I was there when he decided to break up with her. Then he went with another for a few weeks before she left him, and for a while after that he’d wanted only her, but finally he’d noticed me, I’b become more than just his friend, and he had asked me at the time when I’d needed it most.
I’d been losing faith again, and right then he’d come. I had been scared of doing something wrong in the beginning, but now I feel better about being his, I wasn’t afraid to talk to him about embarrassing things, he only laughed when he meant it, and he would tell me what was wrong when I asked rather than brushing me off. We’d seen each other at our best and worst, and that was ok.
He wasn’t afraid to be himself, and he let me be myself. He had saved me, no matter how much I liked to think it was Jess who saved me, I know he is the one who really completed my transformation into who I am today.
He saved me, and that’s why I love him.