Take Off | Teen Ink

Take Off

June 2, 2014
By Gabby Ferrante BRONZE, Weldon Springs, Missouri
Gabby Ferrante BRONZE, Weldon Springs, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Take Off
“Ladies and gentlemen: flight 221 will be departing in ten minutes.” Next thing Katie knew she was laying on the ground of the airport. She began to look up in embarrassment there stood a young man who looked to be in his late 20’s. “Are you okay?” said the stranger.
“My flight leaves in 10 minutes.”
“Well, I am headed the same way. We can walk together,” the stranger replied as he put out his hand.
Boarding the plane with just two minutes to spare, they made it. Luckily there sat two open seats; a window seat and seat that sat in between.
“Please fasten your seatbelts.”
“Mitch. Mitch Hound. And what is your name?”
“Nice to meet you, Mitch. Katie. Katie Young.”
“I am headed to Kansas to visit my sister.”
Conversation continued. Katie felt that the airport stranger seemed to be a good man. Katie got up to go to the restroom to freshen up. Upon returning to her seat, Mitch handed Katie a book.
“This is my first work of writing.”
The flight came to an end, and both said their goodbyes. Secretly Katie felt disappointment; she wanted to to keep talking to Mitch.
Later that night while Katie sat in her hotel room, she opened the book to find a note: “Call me maybe? - Airport-Stranger.”