Eyes | Teen Ink

Eyes

By 4olsonk BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4olsonk BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My sister and I always get mistaken for being twins. She definitely has a similar style to me, usually wearing headbands, wearing similar clothes and purses, same backpacks brought. Mainly because of this, we get mistaken for each other a lot, usually she gets mistaken for me a lot more being the younger sibling.
Although height and hair are slightly different from one another, Allie and I have one main thing that’s physically different from one another, our eyes. I have brown eyes, eyes like the center of a cup of coffee. Eyes that are the ground, the dirt hugging the globe. Eyes that are the color of the hawk’s wings.
Allie on the other hand, has blue-green hazel eyes. On some days, her eyes are like the sea, clear blue water and light. On other days, her eyes are steel, gray flashing through the white surface. My eyes are always brown, they couldn’t be any of those colors above, but my sister’s eyes can be any of those colors. Although we might be very similar, our eyes will never be the same.

Oh, and she's also taller than me by 2-4 inches.