Sky | Teen Ink

Sky

April 11, 2022
By gia-simone18 BRONZE, Plainfield, Illinois
gia-simone18 BRONZE, Plainfield, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

At first, it’s a blur, then I blink away the tears and hesitate at the sight before me. A whole universe in one single person. Brushing past locks of caramel that fade into a soft gold, I’m warmly welcomed through sage-colored eyes. Only he possesses the key to my titanium-locked doors. Once inside, he hushes each worry with a feather-soft kiss.

Ambrosia drips from his rose petal lips, slowly mending the cracks of my heart. It’s only his velvet-laced voice that has the ability to ease the tension in my muscles. My new favorite song plays in the form of his laugh. 

If the sky were to fall, it wouldn’t matter, because he’s the only Sky that matters to me. His arms are impenetrable armor that protects me from the world; it is the safest place I know.

My constant crave to stargaze is satisfied as I trace the constellations of freckles scattered across his arms. Reaching for the stars has never been this easy. His ivory skin is smooth and warm to the touch. I find no need for the three blankets on my bed when embraced by him. 

His scent; clearing through a mahogany forest to overlook the ocean cuts through the air. Vanilla that emits from my candle is no more as I’m drowned in his aroma.

A smile more contagious than any sickness grows on his face. Soon enough, I’m inevitably infected. When he says he loves me the skies are painted with lavender. Aside, I brush on shades of pastel pinks to show that his love is reciprocated.

Hand-sculpted by the gods and the embodiment of perfect, has somehow found his way to me. His auric heart loves infinitely. Constantly spoiling me too much, yet too much is never enough for him.

We are just souls made of clay sculpting a masterpiece. Mistakes made and parts renewed, but never do we stop. Our ceramic slowly forges itself day by day, solidifying what was once clay, into ravishing china with the heat of love. 

Two worlds that have collided into one. Each containing what the other was lacking. It continues to grow into something more; our very own creation. No words could do it justice. Only pure admiration runs through me; not just for him, but for us.

He is my Sky, my stars, and everything in between.


The author's comments:

This is figuring out what love truly feels like. I believe I had a twisted idea of what love was before and one night, in my room with him; it just felt so right. I wish I had the words to explain it but this was the best I could do.