Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

EmilyVsLIFE said...
EmilyVsLIFE, Gainesville, Texas
I believe in teenage love. I've been dating this great guy for almost a year now and I completly believe I'm in love with him. We broke up once but then realizing we couldn't be without eachother, we got back together a month later. I was a freshman and he was a junior in highschool at the time when we first met. Now being 15 and him being 17, our relationship is wonderful. and i agree with Writergirl14..you can't tell someone they dont love another because you don't know how they feel in their heart. You need to be that person to understand where they are coming from. And even tho it is rare for highschool relationships to last, it is possible.

lemonbeagle3 said...
my parents started dating when they were 15. 

daughterofeve14 BRONZE, Adger, Alabama

You quit once, you'll quit again! -Tyler Austin Evans.

100% agree. Amd I think love is also a choice, because I mean you see teens break up because the feeling leaves and then you see them get back together because the feelings come back. I think you love by choice AND feeling.

Writergirl14 BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

Life not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but the number of moments that take your breath away<3

I Believe in teenage love. You can't tell someone they don't love another. You dont know what's going on in their hearts or how they feel about the other person.

StarryRoss GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

I think more often than not, teenage love and first love gets kind of confused and mixed up in our heads, especially since its this whilrwind of new, wonderful feelings. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, i'm saying people jump the gun a lot, and aren't quite sure what exactly it is, whether they think they are in love or not. It definitely has a strong presence in our world, and you can fall in love as a teenager and stay in love definitely. Actually, today's me and my boyfriend's 6th month. :) I'm not quite sure, but I think at the end of the day, we're truly in love no matter what.

-Duckie- GOLD said...
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

I believe teenage love is absolutely real.

Nick1998 said...
I believe in teen love. Love is love, no matter what. I've been dating this girl for about 3 months, yeah short time. But we both are 13 years old. We've known eachother far beyond our relationship. But we had mutual feelings. We discuss our plans for the future and many mature things. But we also have frivolous teen attitude. Where we can be dumb, etc. She is the most important thing to me. I'm sure that we are in love. We have kissed 2 times. And have amazing conversations. SO all concerned or confused teens, LOVE EXSISTS even in us. Don't forget it!

RandomRanda GOLD, Paoli, Indiana

Ill never improve, if i don't try
I'm Dancing for my life (im living my life).
Im all me! NO ONE is changing me!

i do agree with you!

RandomRanda GOLD, Paoli, Indiana

Ill never improve, if i don't try
Im all me! NO ONE is changing me!

i think there is high school love. but love can die and its not a word you throw around

alymarie3 PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it, you feel it

I believe there is different kind of loves. And love has different stages. My parents we're together since they we're 14, they are now 35 and they recently got a divorce. They we're happy for a long time. So i do believe u can love in high school, but i also believe love dies, and that is just apart of our culture now.

Autumn5100 PLATINUM, Islamabad, Other

All good things must come to an end.

I think Love has no boundries

Scarlett.11 said...
Love does'nt have an age. Everyone has their own special way of feeling it. No one's feel for love is ever the same, someone might feel like this and someone might feel like that. We're all different and that's what more people have to understand. You can find your soulmate on any day, any time... you can't tell your future. But anything can happen. Teenage love is just the start of the feeling. You're experencing new adventures, it's how you learn. One way you probably dismiss 'love not being real when you're a teenager' is if you never had it. Or don't want to. You will know when you're in love with somebody. And you know what? I'll never tell someone they're not. You know why? Because I don't know how they feel. What they explain to me isn't even half of it. What they feel is something no body else can. Except for the one they love.

hart.kaylee BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimmi Hendrix

I believe in everything that you have to say. It dosent take an adult to figure out if your in love or not, you have to find what love means for yourself. I am happily in love with my high school sweetheart. 

kksexi12 said...
i really agree with you Rarity and RandomInspiration

The_looking_glass BRONZE, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
1 article 4 photos 1 comment
Teenage Love is real and amazing! I have been with the same guy for 4 and 1/2 years all through high school and we are currently in college together and we have a son! We are happy and Love each other very much! We were freshman in High school and fell in love, so how can people say it’s not real? I have felt it, I have lived it and I still am living it!

ZebraDiva BRONZE, Queen Creek,

if u dont know where u stand with someone then its about time to stop standing and start walking and tell that person i am dont standing i am moving on now

i really liked that ,it was so right  and yes i think its not age but how ready u are to go on a good or bad ride with that person that u say u love,<3

korinna<3 said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 11:44 am

i think teen love is REAL you just have to been the one inlove to really know!:)

on Sep. 23 2011 at 9:06 am
Cheeselover24 BRONZE, Levering, Michigan

"if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend the rest of its life thinking it is stupid" ~Albert Einstein

i think it is real! go crazycatlady!

LovingTheHaters, Houston, Texas

my mind loves you but my heart doesnt
never say never because it will end up coming to reality
the same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry

i agree with you crazycatlady

on Sep. 13 2011 at 11:58 am
zorimar davila, Wesfield, Massachusetts
i mean what the frik you talkng about