Manners in School | Teen Ink

Manners in School

By anisarimy05 BRONZE, Johnson City, New York
anisarimy05 BRONZE, Johnson City, New York

Do you ever think that maybe the students in your school are unmannerly or not respectful? Or, do you think that some of the teachers in your school don't deserve you to be respectful or mannerly? I, a student, just like most of you here know that teachers want you to be respectful or they want you to follow lots of rules. Sometimes, we don't want to follow the rules. But, a question that I think must come to mind is, are these rules reasonable? 

Teachers work hard, I mean, how or why did they become a teacher in the first place? Being a teacher isn't easy, but it's hard for us to really know how hard they work. They went to college and then took lots of exams and tests and work, just so they can become a teacher. You never know what's going on in their lives. They can't be strict for literally no reason. Maybe they're tired and stressed. I don't know. I mean, would you be irritated if you were tired and stressed? But, hear me out, there must be a reason.

Now, everyone's heard the saying, "treat others the way you want to be treated." But, do we really treat others the way we want to be treated? I mean, it's hard to know or be empathetic when we really don't know what is going on or you may disagree with them. But, it is important for us to be respectful. You don't have to support or agree with them in order to respect them. I mean, teenagers goof around sometimes, it's part of their nature. No one's picture-perfect. But, it's easy to respect someone. Don't disrespect anyone, even if you hate them. That's what I do, and this world already has a lot of hatred, so let's try to not add to it. Maybe if you feel a certain way about someone, you don't need to fight, argue, or even talk to them. It's not worth your time, or theirs. If you don't like them, why talk to them? So, just keep all your things inside your head. You may have teachers you dislike, but, at least respect them. You may disagree, but try not to make things worse. You may not realize it, but, your behavior and your existence do have an impact, but you or anyone may not realize it, but it does. So, let's just try to be respectful to each other, and if you can't, then just don't talk to them or express your dislike. 

So, my main point of this article is, that let's try to be more respectful and mannerly in school, or life in general. 

Lots of people have trouble respecting others that they disagree or dislike them.