That's How The Lost Get Found. | Teen Ink

That's How The Lost Get Found.

March 14, 2010
By Michaela_Touch GOLD, Lake Charles, Louisiana
Michaela_Touch GOLD, Lake Charles, Louisiana
11 articles 22 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
God's got you on His potter's wheel. Jeremiah chapter 18.


As I dress for bed tears come rolling down my cheeks like little storms. My heart like the whirling winds of a tornado destroying everything it its path. Coming undone between caring for my brethren and not caring at all. He seems so distant in this like. I can’t see the hope in his eyes anymore. At night I ball up under the confines of my bed and cry. I scream for him. Brother!! Brother!! But no one seems to hear me. The sound of my voice muffled by the cotton sheets and feather pillow. He hides in his den and stays there till night, lying and cheating. I want back what I can’t have! It’s tearing me to shreds! Limb from limb. Thread by thread I am unraveling! Because of HIM! Why is this happening to me?! I fill with rage as I think of him and what he has done and just start crying because there is nothing more that I can do! And suddenly, he’s gone.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because I am losing my brother. This is truly how I feel and what I have to go through. He says I should be thankful that I don't have to go through what he is going through when I am going through something worse: losing the best brother in the world. I can't take it anymore.