Friendly Monster | Teen Ink

Friendly Monster

By Jack_Meriwether SILVER, Paulding, Ohio
Jack_Meriwether SILVER, Paulding, Ohio

"Let X equal the quantity of all quantities of X. Let X equal the cold. It is cold in December. The months of cold equal November through February. There are four months of cold, and four of heat, leaving four months of indeterminate temperature. In February it snows. In March the Lake is a lake of ice. In September the students come back and the bookstores are full. Let X equal the month of full bookstores. The number of books approaches infinity as the number of months of cold approaches four. I will never be as cold now as I will in the future. The future of cold is infinite. The future of heat is the future of cold. The bookstores are infinite and so are never full except in September...” -Proof, David Auburn

It's time to leave
but before I am ready, I must tie on my mask.
I am not complete without this masquerade prop.

If I should ever forget to put it on,
stop me before I go out.
For if ever I were to enter the world without my mask, my concealment,
my skin would surely not stand the hot focus of the sun and I would shrivel up before you.

When I have my mask on, you don't have to worry.
It's a mask that you recognize.
If ever I were to approach you maskless, however,
only then would you be dumbfounded.

Miss_Brightside GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

It's like she sees the diamond underneath And she's polishin' you 'til you shine. -Brad Paisley. (this goes to my step mom she keeps me going)
If you want a rainbow you gotta put up with the rain.-Albert Einstein

i like this alot its really good. i wrote somethong kinda like this. If u get the chance plzz read my work. thanks ;D