Superficial Realities | Teen Ink

Superficial Realities

By JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
C. S. Lewis

Superficiality
Has become a reality
To the people of the modern world.
It is here they sit,
Unable to stand,
All the same,
Claiming to be different,
Unaware that they
Have fallen victim
To an artificial actuality

trademarkoperation SILVER, Lake Peekskill, New York

Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. ~T.E. Lawrence

No, yeah, I totally get it. I'm quite lazy when it comes to certain things and I get frustrated if something doesn't come out exactly how I envisioned it, which prevents anything I attempt to draw from coming out good, or at least what I think it good. Although I think photography is a lot more difficult than people give it credit for.

And yeah, of course. I think that the trumpet ones are really interesting. :)

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

More* and thanks though. 

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

I've always prefered drawing because I always felt it takes a lot mor skill and effort to draw something, than it does to simply pick a camera and capture an image instantly. Not that I think photography is deficient or anything I just prefer drawing. 

I like them a lot. They're really interesting and I'm always envious of people who can draw. Although, I prefer photography over drawing. Some of my photos are posted although some of it also looks like garbage since TeenInk just destroys the resolution and makes it look all grainy and stuff. Also, some of my poems have posted finally if you would like to check them out. /shameless vamping of work/

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

Well, the art finally posted. lol. It's not all of my art but some of it.

Sure. Sounds good.

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

I'll upload them now if you wanna see them.

Yeah, you definitely should. I want to be a photographer, so yeah, I guess you could say I like art. lol

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

Thanks. Do you like art too? I think I'm gonna post some of the stuff I drew this year. 

Oh, okay, never mind. I just reread it and the flow really isn't that awkward. Looking at the time I posted though, I can understand why I thought that. I do really like this poem, though.

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

thanks, and I'm not exactly sure what you found wrong with the flow/structure. Maybe it's because we read it differently. 

I think that this is really great, although the flow of it is a little awkward. Although it might just be how I'm reading it. I don't know, but maybe somehow arrange the last couple of lines so that the end of the poem mirrors the start of the poem? Like, with having the last line be 'Artificial actuality'. That's what I would do, at least. All in all, though, great job really tapping into what teens seem to be about. ^_^

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

Yeah. You should check out the rest of my stuff too.

Vidra PLATINUM said...
Vidra PLATINUM, Midlothian, Virginia

“I write only because
There is a voice within me
That will not be still.”
-Sylvia Plath

In the upper right hand corner of the page it says "Advanced Search." click on that and type in "Vidra" for the author's screen name. All of my work will show up. :) Thanks!

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

I'm not very good at navigating this website, and have no idea how to get to your works. If you can tell me how I will though. 

JMThe-one GOLD said...
JMThe-one GOLD, Enfield, Connecticut

C. S. Lewis

Sure. and thanks. lol

Vidra PLATINUM said...
Vidra PLATINUM, Midlothian, Virginia

“I write only because
There is a voice within me
That will not be still.”
-Sylvia Plath

I. Love. This. You explained today's teenagers and kids in 10 lines. I've always wanted to write a poem with this idea but you wrote it better than I could have ever done. :) If you have time, could you check out any of my work on the website? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)