a Human Being...not a Heartless Machine | Teen Ink

a Human Being...not a Heartless Machine

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

I can force a laughter.

I can fake a smile.

I can hold it all together.

Even for more than a while.

I can pretend and play the part.

Silently screaming inside.

Hiding the pain in my heart.

So the worry won't occur your mind.

But everyday by the nightfall.

In the dark on my own.

I think about it all.

The fight for you is all I've ever known.

I fought and I sacrificed.

Just to make sure you're satisfied.

I can bite my tongue.

Not try to say a word.

I can wait for so long.

For what I'm searching for in this world.

But I'm a human being.

Not a heartless machine.

My heart is not made of stone.

I can bleed and fall to the ground.

I can weep when I feel alone.

As I can smile for real and spin around.

Even laugh when I'm on my own.

Because I'm a human being.

Not a heartless machine.

"I put myself in her shoes. Try to see life through her eyes..."

This is about someone we take for granted. We just don't realize how lucky we are to have such a carring and kind person who always looks after us, and no matter what, always puts us on the top of the list. This person would give up everything just to see us happy. Just remember that this special person here is also a human being, who has feelings and dreams and gets hurt when no one cares in return. I hope it reaches your hearts guys ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you and so are you ;)

casey_lg PLATINUM, Clemmons, North Carolina

"history, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." -Maya Angelou

This is so true, and you are so talented.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you I so appreciate your opinion ^_^

LyricBlunt said...
LyricBlunt, Denver, Colorado

"Music expresses who you are as a person." "Oh, butterfingers."Opportunities' come when you least expect it, it is all up to you what you do with them. Life sometimes throws you a curveball, you just got to go with it sometimes.

I agree with you your a human not a heartless machine, Amazing job. You did great

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Exactly yup...We all feel this way once in a while, like a robot or a machine controlled by people's thoughts and orders. But now that I realized that I'm a human being, I know that sometimes it is okay to speak up and let my voice be heard, right?! ^_^ Thank you so much for the support, it means a lot to me when people do relate to my poems and agree with what I share so Thanks :)

staryskies GOLD, Siteki, Other
this is so heart touching, I've been that person and I can think of so many people who have to.It's amazing how you just brought those supressed emotions that many people share to life :)

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

I'm happy to know that many people can relate to my poems and especially when I can help them then that is the only thing I can ever ask for ^_^ I hope I did through this poem. Thanks so very much for the support ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks a lot! I'm so happy you do ^_^

PureDrawings BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
Wow, i love this! I think i can speak for everyone when I say, we have all felt this way at one point. You captured the moment perfectly! Great Job!

XxSmilesxX GOLD, Thomasville, Georgia

Depression is like a war, you either win, or die trying.

Amazing, I love it so much!(:

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks actually it's the one that inspired me ;) alsothis poem is about someone i know. So I hope that you got what I mean ^_^ Thanks again for the support

dgeileen PLATINUM, Livingston, New Jersey

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

Reminds me of the song I'm Only Human :) beautiful

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

I love you too my dear sister and sweet friend ^_^ and actually we shouldn't be thanking each other cuz it will always be a huge pleasure and great honor to help and be there for each other whenever we need it, and even when we don't cuz that's what sisters do ;) *Kisses Nichia ^_^ *

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

TheComet, I'm so sorry my reply is late. :( But what I wanted to say, everytime we've talked you have always helped and inspired me. :) Thank you so much, my sister. I'm also, very very glad, that we met on Teen Ink too. :) I too also, can't imagine Teen Ink without you. ^_^ You're welcome, though I feel like I should be thanking you. ^_^ I pray too and hope that we'll be able to meet too. :) I love you, my dear sister and friend. Thank you so much, again. ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks sweetie ^_^ I'm so glad you liked it and especially cuz you believe it's the truth! Thanks again for the support

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
like omg wow i love this poem! its so amazing and beautiful! it speaks the truth and i like the fact that it is realistic, so realistic that i bet most of us can relate to it! awesome job

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

*your voice *you're worthy *your faith *dignity *permanent *to finally meet ;) LOL stupid keyboard :P

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

My dear and sweet sister, in fact I should thank you becuz reading your comments and knowing your thoughts proves that I reached the highest goal I could've ever ask for, which is :" let people see themselves through my writing and in one way or an other, help them through" I'm so deeply happy you could recognize yourself throughout my poem. To be truly honest, you always cross my mind when i write something, i can say that you're some kind of "source of inspiration" for me. Finally, i wrote this poem to let people realize how lucky they are, to let them stop taking this person for granted. Also to let this person (like you) know that it's okay to let it out sometimes, to speak up and let yoyr voice be heard. So I deeply hope and pray that I'm always able to help you out my dear sister ^_^ remember that you're wirthy and priceless, as long as you believe and stay strong in yoyr faith, no one can take away your didgnity or humanity ;) Thank you so very much for the permantent support. I can't imagine Teenink without you sweetie :D and thanks a lot also for the inspiration ^_^ I pray God above so that one fine day we'll be able ti finally meet ;) ♡

on Sep. 21 2014 at 10:53 am

I don't know what to say. :/ All I can say, is that I used to do the same exact thing. I always look after the ones I love or know, as best as i can and as much as possible. I probably take care of others better than I'm taking care of myself. Which I'm trying to work on. I know now, I'm important too, even when I don't feel like it. And then, there was a point in my life when I just thought and said to myself, "I'm human too." I realized that I need take care of myself too, and I need care too. I don't know what else to say, except when I read this, my eyes started tearing up and going wide. It perfectly describes me. I love it. Your poem is amazing and beautiful and wonderful. You really do have such a talent, my sister. Thank you, thank you so much for sharing this.