American Music Awards 2010 | Teen Ink

American Music Awards 2010

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

The 2009 American Music Awards shocked, but the 2010 American Music Awards dazzled. Award winners in each category were decided by the music buying public who voted on the internet for their favorite artist prior to the awards show. Lady Antebellum, Muse, and Michael Buble` were among many artists who won in categories ranging from Female Country Artist, Alternative Rock Group, and the always highly anticipated Artist of the Year. A variety of acceptance speeches were given by each recipient. Many of the winners thanked God, while one of the members of the Muse thanked Charles Darwin just because.

The show kicked off with a high flying performance by Rihanna who gave a montage of some of her best hits, including her newest "Only Girl in the World." Taylor Swift sung her heart-felt apology "Back to December," while working in some lyrics from OneRepublic's "Apologize." Justin Bieber not only won all four AMA's that he was up for but he also sang one of his newest tracks "Pray." Miley Cyrus gave a performance of her lyrically age-appropriate song "Forgiveness and Love." Bon Jovi broke out into a rant of unforgettable classics, including their newest tune "What do You Got?". Katy Perry's performance started off with an introduction from a cute children's choir as she came down from a sun-shaped chair while singing her newest hit "Firework." Train rocked out with this summer's hit "Hey Soul Sister" while lead singer Pat Monohan danced around in sparkling jeans. Other performances included mom-to-be Pink, who gave a skate park/rocker chick inspired performance, Ke$ha, and a larger than life duet by hit making boy-bands New Kids On The Block and Back Street Boys.

All in all, with wonderful performances and appearances by some of today's biggest names in music, the 2010 American Music Awards showed what a wonderful year it has been in music.