Big Mac and the Chocolate Cake | Teen Ink

Big Mac and the Chocolate Cake

By JelloAngel92 PLATINUM, Dundalk, Other
JelloAngel92 PLATINUM, Dundalk, Other

You've got to have ink in the pen!

That stupid slice of fudge cake in the fridge is taunting me. Two layers of chocolaty goodness, call to me with a sweet, seducing, coco voice, "Eat me!” But I couldn’t possibly. It's the last slice. It would be rude of me to eat it in front of him, especially since I won't keep it down anyway. So I offer it to him.

"Hey Jason, you want some cake?"

"What Kind of cake?"

Who cares what kind of cake? CAKE is yummy. Period. "Chocolate."

"Well, alright. Sounds good." Jason says with little enthusiasm.

Good? Just good? He means magically delicious. Mouth watering. Savoury.

I place the slice of heaven, in front of him, and sit opposite of him at the round, two-person table. I watch him. Wait for him to dive in with his fork, and savour every bite. He doesn't. He seems to be giving it a lot of thought. What is there to think about? He’ll burn that cake off in like, ten seconds.

"Aren't you going to have some?" Jason asks me.

Ugh! Now he chooses to use his manners and abide by laws of consideration? "No, I really couldn't." I eye the cake with longing. "I don't feel well..."

"You look like you want it."

Of course I want it! "No. Just enjoy it, okay?"

"Is this the last slice?" Jason examines my face; the face he finds attractive. I have no idea what he sees in me. I'm simply not that pretty… and that cake certainly won't help the situation.

"Yes." I say. "It's the last slice. Why?"

"Well then, YOU should have it." Jason insists, pushing the plate in front of me. The chocolaty aroma fills my senses. Oh how tempting....

"No." I say firmly, growing irritated. "You have it."

"But you want it."

"No. I. DON"T." I push the plate back.

"YES. YOU. DO.” He hovers the plate just under my nose. “I know you love chocolate.” He winks.

“Just shut up and eat it!” I snap, thrusting the plate back at him one last time. Jason gives me a shocked look through dark eyes that remind me of the cake. I have to look away. I place my hands over my face in shame. I am such a basket case!

“Mackenzie? What’s going on?” Jason pulls my trembling hands from my face, and holds them gently. I feel self-conscious as he watches my face closely. Does he notice all the freckles?

Pulling my hands away, I stand abruptly, to escape him and the cake; my two down-falls. Staring out the window at the grey sky outside, and drenched trees and grass, I shudder with a chill.

“I’m watching my weight, okay?” I say nervously.

To add to my discomfort, I feel Jason come closer. He wraps his arms around my middle, hugging me from behind, caressing my neck with tender kisses and sweet whispers. Does he not notice just how much girl flab he is embracing?

“You’re beautiful just the way you are Mac.” He says quietly, his soft lips brushing against my ear, his face buried in my curly, red mane. “You’re more than beautiful. You’re sexy.”

I scoff. “I certainly don’t feel sexy.”
Jason turns me towards him. “Forget the cake.” He says, kissing my lips passionately, entangling his one hand in my fire coloured locks, and placing the other hand on my a**. My FAT a**. I don’t know why I even have a boyfriend, when every touch makes me cringe with disgust and self-consciousness. “Let’s go to your room.” He hints. “I’ll show you just how beautiful I think you are.”

I shudder and struggle from his grip. The thought of him seeing me naked horrifies me. “I’m not ready.” I say.

Jason groans impatiently. “What exactly are you waiting for?”

“To be skinnier.” I admit, looking at his nose, rather than in his eyes. He blinks with disbelief.

“You’re kidding right?” Jason searches my face. “Tell me you’re kidding.”

I shake my head. “It’s not happening. Not tonight.”

“Then when?”

“Next month.” If I’ve lost 10 pounds by then.

Jason shakes his head in frustration. “Screw it Mackenzie. I’m sick of you and your problems!. We’re OVER.” With that he stomps out the front door, and slams it behind him, leaving me alone with that stupid chocolate cake, that seems more like a demon now, rather than a piece of heaven.
Tears roll down my cheeks as I sink into a chair, and weep into my hands. When I look up, the slice of cake is still there, taunting my grumbling, underfed stomach. All I’ve eaten in the past three days is an apple, and two red skittles. In seconds I am shovelling that wonderfully moist cake into my mouth for comfort, washing it down with a glass of milk. MMM. Sooo good. I sit and enjoy my semi-full stomach for a while, before taking a trip down the hall, to the bathroom, to purge my body of that sinfully delicious desert. As I lean over the toilet bowl, voices replay in my mind, over and over.

Big Mac! Big Mac! Mackenzie Biggmon is a big Mac!

Well, I’ll show them just how SKINNY Mac can be…

I originally got the idea during drama, when putting together a ridiculous scene about people arguing over 'the last apple'. we were in groups of four, so that two people could articulate the thoughts of the other two, to show conflict and contrast between what was said and what was thought. All the scenes ended up being comical, but through the process of developing the scenes, I came up with the story of a girl with an eating disorder, having a similar argument with her boyfriend. Hope you enjoy and comment.

JelloAngel92 PLATINUM, Dundalk, Other

You've got to have ink in the pen!

needs work HOW? elaborate please. lol

browneyedcat said...
browneyedcat, Melbourne Beach, Florida
Wow that realationship ended abruptly lol. It's good but it needs a little work. just saying. Love it though! :D

RadiahMariaBelak BRONZE, Singapore, Other
bery bery good!!

JelloAngel92 PLATINUM, Dundalk, Other

You've got to have ink in the pen!

yea. That's really strange. I didn't actually write &quote. I saw that the first time I read it over, but when I revisited the page it was normal. That happened with one of my other stories as well, and I haven't a clue why. Technical difficulties I suppose?
Anyway, I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and I hope You will check out my other work.

and Kimbla, I whole-heartedly agree with you. No one should ever feel the need to starve themselves to attain a this cultures warped and unrealistic view of 'BEAUTY'.

Suhaima said...
Suhaima, Lol, Other

That's sad. That guy is a jerk...she deserves better

Nice story tho :)

Kimbla said...
Kimbla, G, Mississippi
wow this is good but you should never do that to lose weight! the movie "the perfect body" is about how this girl thought she was fat when she was a gymanst. its not good!

Bka341997 GOLD said...
Bka341997 GOLD, Bigfork, Montana

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take our breath away!

I don't get the &quot thin you should just use "s. It would be easyer to understand. :D Great though!

LilStinka SILVER, Lynden, Washington

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. - Erica Jong
Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers. - Shakespeare

wow, that was really good :) the quote unquote thing kinnda confused me though. keep writing ;)