Finding Him | Teen Ink

Finding Him

By MyFairyTaleEnding SILVER, Villa Ridge, Missouri
MyFairyTaleEnding SILVER, Villa Ridge, Missouri

There is nothing more powerful than love. It brings you happiness, comfort, and the best memories you will ever remember. You have the powerful desire to help them, protect them. Even if it means sacrificing your life, I never understood what love really was, or how it felt before now. Until it just hit me, then it really fell into place.

“Shaylee, I am going to miss you sooo much!” Carly said hugging me, tears rolling down her cheeks. “IM me ok, promise?” She said as she wiped her eyes with the edge of her new Dolce & Gabbana scarf.

“Baby, don’t cry,” Carly’s boyfriend, Dominic, said gently trying to soothe her. “I’ll be here with you.”

Carly stopped crying long enough to say, “I love you, Dominic!” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

“No, I love you Carly,” He said smiling, with his hands on her waist.

I felt a pang of jealousy wash over me. All I ever wanted was a boyfriend that would treat me just like Dominic did to my best friend, Carly. But every boy I ever dated was just much as a jack a** as the last. Broken heart after broken heart, I kept trying. But, I almost knew that I would never find someone just like, or even better than the way Dominic treated Carly.

“You two make me sick!” I giggled, trying to hide my covetousness. “I have to board NOW though!”

“Shay, Don’t go!” Carly giggled sobbed.

“Yea…NO,” I laughed, “I have got to go!” I said trying to peal away from her grasp. “Love you! I will see you this Christmas!” I shouted as I pulled all 5 of my Louis Vuitton luggage cases. “Oh crap!” I shouted as my bags sprawled across the floor. I urgently tried to pick it up as the intercom announced that the plane to Stone Hill Academy took off in 5 minutes. “Come on!” I shouted at the luggage desperately. I immediately cursed myself for looking like an idiot, 5 now 4 minutes before my plane was going to take off without me.

“You need help?” Some guy asked me.

I looked up and brushed my caramel colored hair out of my eyes and I gasped. This guy was HOT. “Uh, yes please!” I stammered, I completely lost my breath from how amazingly handsome he was.

He patiently helped me pile my luggage up again, though, I was barely helping because I was too busy gazing at his flawless features. His hair was a deep dark brown that waved around his angle-like face. When he smiled, his teeth sparkled and he had cute a dimple on each cheek. His eyes were hazel brown, bright and shining. He had absolutely no flaws, like he had clear skin his whole life. The white T-shirt he wore was tight, but fit well over his defined muscles.

As soon as he put the last bag on top of the pile, he quickly rolled to cart over to gate. “Hurry!” He called as he disappeared around the corner.

“I’m coming!” I called desperately; trying to run in my 2 inch Jimmy Choo studded gladiator heels.

“I made it!” I said to myself, panting.

“Are you talking to me?” A boy with a face full of zits asked.

“NO I am talking to who ever are listening!” I answered impatiently.

I managed to catch my breath as I plopped down into a couch sized seat. I looked around on the exclusive private jet for S.H.A; it looked nice compared to other private jets I had traveled on. The plane was filled with cushy seats, crystal glasses, and of course the 72 inch HD flat screen in the front.

“Hey, hey!” Some girl said to me as she plopped down into the seat next to me.

“Uhm, hi!” I said smiling at her. I gave her a once over and noted she had long beachy blonde hair, and startling blue eyes. She was so pretty, I felt like an average middle class girl that has a whole bunch of zits (which I didn’t have) and unmanageable hair, (which I didn’t have either). When I usually felt like Hollywood.

“Um, is this seat taken?” She asked with a puzzled face as she flipped her wavy hair over her shoulder.

“I don’t know. What seat are you in?” I asked, thinking she should know where her own seat was.

“I think it’s this one! Except the card is hard to read, there’s a 9 there and then some weird looking number there. But there is no 9 with a weird looking number on this plane.” She said as I noted her ticket was upside down.

“Um, I think the ticket is upside down…it’s 65.” I said in a DUH voice.

“OH!” She giggled. “I thought there was something funny about that!” She said and tossed it off like it always happened to her.

Oh boy…

“So, what’s your name?” She asked wide eyed.

“Uhm, Shaylee Calvin.” I answered, “What’s yours?”

“Blake Chelan!” She laughed, “Is it your first year at Stone Hill too? Are you a sophomore? Are you excited?!?” She said practically bouncing in her seat. “Sorry, I went to Starbucks before boarding.”

“Uh…yes, it’s my first year. And I am a sophomore.” I said wondering whether I should ask to move my seat.

“Yays! I’m psyched now!” She said giggling.

“Are you always like this?” I asked laughing with her.

“Well…I am a hyper person…” She said still laughing.

“Got you there,” I said thumbing through my iPhone for my favorite album. I put on my favorite purple earphones and sat back while I listened to my music. I thought about that really hot guy that helped me… his incredibly beautiful eyes, his perfect full lips, his wavy hair…

Blake slapped my shoulder and whisper-shouted, “Who is that!?!”

I turned quickly, startled at her urgency. My eyes wandered over to where she was pointing. Once I set my eyes on him, I couldn’t tear them away. There he was, AGAIN. He was more handsome than ever, I felt my jaw drop as I gazed at his muscles, which looked even more defined when he stood. His gaze met mine and I felt my face turn hot. I got a weird tingling of excitement in my belly that made me tremble and smile.
Unwillingly, I turned away; because if I didn’t, I would have been suffocated by his gorgeousness. I sat in my seat hyperventilating, my heart beating wildly. Not to mention that the tingly warm feeling was still there. I felt myself smile widely. “Uh, yea I met him earlier today…he helped me carry my…luggage.” I said trying to catch my breath. “But, he IS gorgeous!”
“Oh-em-GOSH! What’s his name??!!” She asked excitedly, “Maybe he will ask me out!”
“I don’t even know, I was too stunned to ask,” I sighed.
“But wouldn’t we make such a cute couple?!” Blake said, her eyes sparkling with excitement.
“Uh huh,” I said unaware of what she said, and I really didn’t care; because I was staring at the beauty standing next to him.

Instantly a wave of jealousy washed over me, killing my buzz. She was just as beautiful as he was. She had dark brown hair as well, it made her looked graceful as it gently rippled down to the mid of her back. Her face was flawless as well, which made her dull brown eyes seem more intense. I stared as he gently tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, smiling at her as if she was the moon and sun. But what annoyed me was that her expression was taut and angry. I watched her speak to him, her words lashing out angrily. Then his smile faded and was replaced with hurt, Just looking at him like that made me want to get up and yank her diamond encrusted hoops out of her ears. Gosh Shay, you don’t even know the damn guy. And you probably never will, knowing your luck.

I sat there for awhile before I decided it would look creepy if I just kept staring. I put in my earphones and thumbed through my iPhone again. I sat there barely listening to the lyrics; I impatiently drummed my fingers on the arm rest. I just had to look at him one more time. I breathed slowly trying to calm myself down. I imagined his angel like features, but that just made me want to look at him more. By this time my foot was tapping violently, hoping to make the plane ride go faster. No such luck, unfortunately. I finally had to get out of my seat and walk around. Luckily the room was spacious enough and had a mirror. I casually walked over to catch a glimpse of my self. I twirled a few strands of my caramel colored hair, wondering what it would look like if I dyed it dark brown. I couldn’t picture it. My most prized feature on me was definatly my eyes. They were a pretty hazel blue that popped against my pale features. Thank God for that; that, and cheeks that never lost its blush tint. I honestly thought, not to be conceited or anything, that I was not terrible looking. Unlike most people who always believe they are ugly. To me, that was just pointless and another way to lower your self esteem.

I turned around and started to head back to my seat when all of the sudden, I started hurtling towards the white carpet beneath me. “Oh crap…” I muttered to myself. I tried getting up, but to my embarrassment I fell back down again. My cheeks burned with shame as everyone in the room started laughing. I just wanted to curl up in a corner and die. “Are you okay?” A beautiful voice asked me.

I looked up and nearly gasped, I blinked, wondering if it was a dream. He held out his big guy hand to me. I gratefully accepted it. “Yea, I think I’m fine…” I said breathless. My heart was pounding its way up my throat. I felt his hand in mine, warm and comforting against my icy fingers. My hand just fit perfectly, like his hands were made for me.
“Hey, didn’t I meet you earlier?” He said smiling flirtatiously.
“Uh, yea you did,” I managed to say despite the shock I was in.
He laughed, “Your face is cherry red, are you embarrassed?”
“N-no,” I said blushing a deeper shade of red. I giggled nervously.
“Sure you aren’t,” he said teasingly. “I don’t believe I know your name.”
“Shaylee Calvin, what’s yours?” I asked, I was nearly drooling over the way he was looking at me. There was excitement, humor, and pure happiness in those eyes.
The golden flecks in his eyes sparkled as he answered, “My name is Gaven Storms.”
His name sounded like it was strait from a fairy tale. It played like a poem in my head. Gaven, Gaven, Gaven, Gaven. The most beautiful name I ever heard.
“Well thank you, Gaven, for uh, helping me up. I am SUCH a klutz!” I laughed blithely.

He laughed along too, “You better be careful, I don’t want you hurting yourself!”

My heart skipped a beat, he actually cared. No he doesn’t, he’s just flirting I bet… “I’ll try…” I managed to say.

“Oh no, you will,” he said forcefully, then throwing me another flirty smile. “I hope to talk to you again.”

My head spun around the room a billion times before I managed to say weakly, “Yea, I will talk to you later.” Whoa, what just happened to me…?
“Oh-em-WOW, did you just talk to that hottie?!?!” Blake said, her legs were bouncing up and down in anticipation.
“Yes, I did.” I said smiling; my head was above the clouds. When ever I was near Gaven, I felt so happy and excited. I felt important…but I didn’t know why.
“Ooh what’s his name??!!” She squealed, “Oops!” She said slapping her hand over her mouth, “That was loud!”
“Shh!” I whisper giggled. “His name is Gaven Storms!”
“Oh my friggin GOSH you are so incredibly LUCKY!” She said with amazement. “But, I don’t think his girl friend is too happy about it…”
I snapped my head in his direction, and there was his girl friend, yelling at the poor guy, and glaring at me with hatred.
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GOING AROUND FLIRTING WITH GIRLS LIKE THAT! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?! IF YOU LOVED ME YOU WOULDN’T TALK TO OTHER GIRLS! IF YOU CAN’T HANDLE NOT BEING A CHEATER THEN WHY ARE WE EVEN TOGETHER?!” She complained to him. Her words were as sharp as knives, and by the look on Gaven’s face, she might as well of stabbed him.

He looked down at his black DC shoes, “Riley, baby, you know I love you. I was just trying to help her…”

So that’s the b****’s name… I thought

“YOU DON’T NEED TO HELP PATHETIC LOSERS LIKE THAT! IF YOU WANT TO SHOW YOUR KINDNESS, RESPECT ME! DON’T GO AROUND TOSSING YOUR LOVE AROUND, YOU PLAYER!”

“Rye-Rye, I swear, I love you. Please, give me another chance, I can be better. I don’t want you loosing my trust. Baby, just calm down…” He said practically begging. I could see the pain and regret in his eyes, he was in this misery because of me.

I turned away feeling the guilt suffocating the excitement in my belly. “I just ruined his relationship? Not only that, but her love for him? I can’t believe myself…” I said, a lump of pity forming in my throat. I looked at Blake’s face for an answer. She looked at me and blinked apologetically; her eyes innocent yet understanding.

I barely know this guy, why am I feeling this way?! Get a grip… “I swear, if they break up because of me, oh God, I didn’t mean to cause this trouble!”
I listened to their conversation intensely, like my mother does when she is watching her favorite soap opera. His expression just kept tearing me into shreds. Every stabbing thing Riley said, not only hurt Gaven, but it hurt me too. I don’t know what got into me, but I stood up and stomped my way across the plane. I stood there, opened my mouth and squeaked one word, “Stop.”

Riley’s snobby stuck up face turned to me. When she saw me, her expression was full of disgust. “What are you doing here? This is NONE of your business! Go away wannabe!” She sneered in her icy voice.

“I just want you stop yelling at him…all he was doing was helping me, there’s no need to lecture for kindness…” I managed to say with a strait voice. I held my head high, and kept my hands on my waist. I titled my head slightly to the left and cocked my eyebrows giving her my, “Wow, what a loser!” look.

She stood and glared at me for a moment, “I can do what ever I want with Gaven! And there is NO way you can stop me from telling him he CANNOT be a cheater like that!” Her arms crossed over her ribs as she pointed her foot out slightly. As if to tell me, “Back off!”

I rolled my eyes at her like she was some idiotic kid running around. “That was not even cheating,” I said in my DUH voice. “You have major issues.”

“You’re the one with issues! Now leave me and Gaven alone!” She shouted.

I side glanced at Gaven to see his expression. His eyes met mine and he smiled, as if to say thank you. I smiled back warmly and turned on my heel gracefully, thank God! “Fine!” I fired back at Riley, “do as you must and loose him…”

I looked over my shoulder and saw Riley’s face in horror. It was ashen and her eyes were gaping at me. She opened her mouth to say something, but she quickly snapped it shut. “Gaven, you wouldn’t do that would you?” she stammered to him.

But he didn’t even glance at Riley; he was standing there smiling peacefully at me. My veins were still bursting with adrenaline from my gusty outburst. I steadily made my way to my seat again and Blake was sitting there wide-eyed. “You didn’t…” She whispered

“Oh yes, I did!” I smiled, still buzzed from my adrenaline rush.

“Riley is going to make your life miserable! What got into you?! I know Gaven is gorgeous and everything but you didn’t have to risk being dissed by Riley!” She lectured.

“But I just couldn’t STAND watching him get stabbed by Riley for NOTHING!” I whimpered, just the thought made tears come to my eyes. Why am I so emotional?! God Shay! It’s JUST another guy! But this guy was different… or so it seemed…

This is actually a story I wrote awile back. I wrote it but stopped at chapter four thinking it wasn't all that great. If you people love it, I will consider to keep on writing it! :)

PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

okay.. do me a huge favor and SPILL.... IS THERE GOIN TO BE A SEQUEL????? PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL!!!!!!

THANK YOU! I'm soooo glad you love it! I greatly appreciate that you read it. I had to rewrite this 3 times to get this right. Thank you so much again! You don't know how thankful I am!

This is AH-MAYYYY-ZZZZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep writing... There needs to be a sequel..... great description and wonderful story!!!!