I Will Miss You | Teen Ink

I Will Miss You

August 15, 2010
By Anonymous

I will miss the rays of the sun, awakening the dormant living organisms and hushing the nocturnal.
I will miss the fresh dew drops on the grass, the trees, the flowers.
I will miss the furry animals that progress through the day, with innocence.
I will miss the ocean that swells like the mating call of a frog.
I will miss the sand that squished between my toes like small pillows of protection.
I will miss the birds calling overhead, the finches, the pigeons, the robins, the cardinals (sounders of the winter).
I will miss the vibrancy that radiates off of every flower, the worms emerging from their comfortable dirt holes.
I will miss the brilliant hues of orange, red, purple and blue in a sunset.
I will miss the sound of crickets after a rain.
I will miss the owl hooting its majestic warble.
I will miss the moon and its numerous, predictable cycles;I will miss its inimitable glow if direction.


The author's comments:
Why will I miss all of these things? Because eventually in my other life, these things will probably be a rare experience to attest. Right now, I enjoy them. When I kick the bucket, who knows? Somebody will kill these things eventually, these simple joys of life and of nature. Why not aknowledge them when they may eventually be lost, right?