God Knows Me | Teen Ink

God Knows Me

September 10, 2012
By ChandlerPowell PLATINUM, Sarasota, Florida
ChandlerPowell PLATINUM, Sarasota, Florida
24 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is Greater, than the Pressure to be Perfect.
What People Say ; Doesn't Define Who I Am.
I I'm A Boomerang, Doesn't Matter How You Throw Me, Turn Around And I'm Back In The Game, Even Better Then The Old Me


“The youth are the future of the church” is what everyone always says. If we are the future of the church, then we need leaders that mentor us, help us to understand the Bible and Jesus better than we do, or that we think we do. But some, not all of the leaders in the church don’t really take the time to know us, or even look at us. We want to be known, we want someone to look at us and not just see a person, we want you to look at us and see the person we want to be, the persons we are. We want you to see are hopes, fears, dreams, and our tears. We want you to see all that we are and that we can and will be. We want you to see us. I want you to see me. I want you know me, or at the very least what I pretend to be. I want to know that you care. Show me that you’re here, and that you want to know me, that you want to know what’s happening to me. But it seems the more I wish, that I pray that it’ll happen maybe someday, gets twisted and turned, until there’s nothing but dust. No hope, No trust, No light at the end of the tunnel, No optimism, No promise, No prospect, No reliance, No security. It seems my prayers have all been in vain, there’s no more pain. All expectancy, all trust, all faith, all desire is replaced with not anticipation, but disbelief, despair, discouragement, despondency, distrust. Or maybe not. There is still a chance you can help us, Love us, get to know us, we maybe outspoken but we are still young, still open to change, please just don’t disappoint us again. Cause if you did it’d be much to bear, to wear, as a garment of neglect. You might not want to get to know me, but there is someone who does, someone who loves us unconditionally, as no one could. He knows what’s going on night through day. He takes the time to wipe my tears away. He doesn’t condemn, discourage, or daunt. He takes the time to actually look at me, and to know me. His name is Jesus and I know that he loves me. My Papa says, with him I don’t see condemnation, I see success. I make the bible my textbook and Jesus my Teacher. You might find a person who talks too much, but you will never find a person who knows too much. Could be better could be worse. Just thank god for what it is. My grandma once told me, that the youth have to help the youth and that the adults need to help the adults, and that it’s vice versa. She told me that I shouldn’t let people get me sick in Christ; I should do what the Lord tells me to, to claim my anointing. And I say that’s what I’m going to do. No one’s going to hold me back, so get to know me or not, it doesn’t matter, I’m going to get right back on track. No matter the trials, tribulations, stimulations, or the lack of communication. So you need to make a choice. Know me, don’t know me, the only thing that matters is that God knows me, the real me.


The author's comments:
I Wrote This Piece Probably About A Year Ago, For My Pastor, Who Really Needs To Start Interacting With Us.